Author Topic: The Journal of Isabell Silverport  (Read 139 times)

Bastardry

• View Profile
on: June 14, 2019, 08:26:03 PM

The Journal of Isabell Silverport

Bastardry

• View Profile
on: June 14, 2019, 08:27:13 PM
I can't ask anyone. I can't seem insane. But... are we dead?

It doesn't make sense. Nothing about anything makes sense anymore. I wasn't even on deck when we went down. I was woken up by the shouts, and was hit by the water, like a wall. I was washed under, saw the iceberg we had just hit, and then... I was here. I don't understand how there even WAS an iceberg, we were sailing south. Warm waters, unless they were off course.

And now I'm here, a knight in a mad lawless city. Pattern hold me.

Bastardry

• View Profile
on: June 14, 2019, 09:02:48 PM
Well, I am here, and I must keep to the code. There is magic here, so the pattern stands here. And I shall fit within it. First, I must find a lord to serve. This city is fractured, and the merchant class seems to rebel against the lordly class. Shameful.

There are five houses. House Orza, House Glitt, House Sunpurse, House Velstra and House Nephezar. Each shall I learn of, and each shall I investigate. But... I must be careful. It is not my place, but I fear for how some would use my blade.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:04:40 PM by Bastardry »

Bastardry

• View Profile
on: June 15, 2019, 07:30:11 AM
The Elven Threat:
A brutal attack today, upon the peerage, by these elves. The lords were merciful, and gave all but one of them their lives. A few were of note, but a wise woman looks twice at her enemies for every once at her friends. The true threat amoung the merchant rebels is Santiago, as always. I worry, deeply, for the people of ticker square should the butchers gain the contract, as he is a dark man. What I do not understand, however, is the elves. The bounty was gone, long before they attacked. So why?

House Orza:
The strongest of the houses is House Orza, or at least, that is what is said. It seems, in part, right to serve the highest lord one may. That said, I think, very much, I'd sooner see myself sworn to the merchant rebels then the Orza. They openly deal with demons, act as brutes, and value only personal strength. I wonder how they can lead at all, or even if they may lead at all. I strongly suspect they are a house that shall soon fall, as Velstra seems likely to take the fore, soon.

Bastardry

• View Profile
on: June 16, 2019, 12:52:03 AM
House Glitt:
Glitt's people are, perhaps, the most honorable in the peerage. Besides one. And that one is the reason I shall not be donning Glitt colors.They are a house destroyed. A thousand bricks, each wanting to be in their place, stoic and perfect. Utterly demolished by the master of the house, madly swinging his hammer. I regret that it is so, but I find it impossible to believe the lady of the house would not misuse my blade. That said, they hold more honor between them then any here.

House Velstra:
A fool fears the Orza. A wise man fears the Velsta. Two sides of the same devious coin, where the Orza will stab you from the front, the Velstra will poison your wine. Evil men, but wearing smiles and armor that would fool many to think them the peerage's greatest knights Their lord is, likely, a bumbling fool obsessed with drink and pleasure- but his men? His men are vipers and spiders. Let me remain ever aware, so I fall not into their webs.

House Nephezar:
The Nephezar are servants of the pattern, in full. If any house is akin to the ones I knew back home, it is they. However, they are so obsessed with the idea of divinity, that they seem utterly incapable of kindness to those below them. They are great, but hard. Powerful, but cruel. And, above all, they are focused solely upon themselves. They are true lords, but they will bring no law into the chaos. Instead, they shall climb the ladder that exists, never thinking to stretch outwards.

House Sunpurse:
My new home. Let neither tongue, nor pen, speak anything else but of its glory. So say the oaths.

House Rhaechard:
A minor house, that acts as minor houses do. Obsessed with appearance, as they must be, but good men and women.  They must appear the perfect servants of the king, as their claim wavers, and they must earn their place. Nothing will matter more to them, then their own rise. They will change nothing, at least for now, but I hope they will rise, as they wish.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 12:54:55 AM by Bastardry »