Author Topic: The Certamen Tourney  (Read 351 times)

Pigadig

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: July 07, 2019, 08:34:42 AM
[These notices begin to appear through Ring 99 and other nearby Rings.]

Attention Wizards,

Under the Royal Heralds' direction you may know me as The Least Fool(ish) and I shall be the host for your tourney of self-destruction through greed!

There shall be a total of three events held in his Royal Majesty's name, the winner of the most shall be bequeathed WARRENWATCH and the right to temporarily ignore challenges for their title and property. Ties shall be resolved through games of chance, as is fitting for those of the wizardly arts where luck is much of their power.

Said right to ignore challenges will fade after a few dawns - just long enough for you to grow overly attached to a staff that everyone else desperately wants as well!

The events shall all be about reaching the ideal that his Royal Majesty believes that wizards are capable of. Therefore, they are as follows:

THE FIRST EVENT - SCRIBING
You shall pen for his Royal Majesty a new tome for the libraries of his lands! Submission is due before the other events commence.

THE SECOND EVENT - DEBATING
You shall engage in a contest of wits, taking in turns to argue sides of an argument you have been assigned. Potential topics include: Wizards, Innates, Seams, Changelings and whether I am Handsome or just plain Beautiful!

THE THIRD EVENT - MAGEBRAWL
Exactly what it sounds like.

All contestants will receive some sort of prize for participating making minor fools of themselves, in recognition that they might one day amount to a lesser fool.

If there are not enough wizards to contest WARRENWATCH, then sadly the Architects will be asked to widen the field and change the tower to allow Sorcerers to contest it as well.

Prepare well, and set to writing wagglers! Scribe your name below if you intend to partake.

The Least Fool(ish) (compared with wizards like you)

// Sorry all, this should've happened sooner but I've been fighting with a nasty cold. Events 2 & 3 will occur next weekend at a time TBD closer to then. Please post below if you're participating. Edit your post with a link to a book if you submit one. //

Blue41

• View Profile
on: July 07, 2019, 11:36:20 AM

Submission: TALES OF PEERAGE HEROES & OTHER STORIES

'Auntie' Josefina Voethorn
House Glitt

Dhund

• View Profile
on: July 08, 2019, 11:54:31 PM
Catarina Stromblr; Veteran Wizard of House Velstra

Submission: Bindings; A Mage's Primer to Reality
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:14:28 AM by Dhund »
<@Mort> Dhund is on the money, imo

Ernesto

• View Profile
on: July 12, 2019, 01:45:01 AM
Ernesto Sfoldcloak

Pigadig

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: July 13, 2019, 06:44:29 AM
// This will occur about 16 hours from the time of this post.