I call bullshit on Stranger's server

Started by I love cats, July 18, 2019, 11:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love cats

Never have I seen one PC get 2 very valid FD death's retconned. Never have I before seen NPCs cover up for a certain PC and  the very obvious spy advancing the agenda of said PC. Or PCs to make that make the most asinine/retarded decisions to support said PC.  Only a retard would see all of this and decide its a coincidence. The absurd OOC ties between DMS, PCS and the account/person known as Stranger is blatantly obvious for everyone to see. I know this post is going to get locked and deleted and I really don't care at this point. Someone has to call out the obvious bullshit that is going on here that everyone has discussed in PM's on Discord. I also don't care how long this gets me banned for at this point its worth it.

Howlando

This is a monumentally stupid post but I'm willing to clear the air.

There is no conspiracy.

Stranger's PC, Adrian Winespill, had two  deaths retconned for legitimate reasons and at the request of the players involved. I don't remember the precise details but in one situation it was something like someone accidentally had FD on that led to a murder spree in which multiple characters died, and the cleanest option was to simply retcon everything. In another situation the player of the killer requested it be turned into a maiming. If this is still in doubt we can go back in time to get out the exact details, but this is not a particularly uncommon situation.

There have been plenty of retconned FDs before in the history of EFU, our policy as DMs is that while we prefer players to promote long-rivalries and not rush to FD we understand that eventually FD will happen - and we almost always leave that decision up to players. If players regret FD'ing we have helped them convert to a subdual/maiming on many occasions.

I assure you, from the perspective of the DM team, we would be happy to see Adrian killed if that is the direction the story goes and we certainly have no role on the extent to which he has been successful with his intrigue and roleplay.

I appreciate Stranger's enthusiasm and dedication to EFU and I don't think it fair to penalize him for the occasional success of his character, but be assured that he is no "dm pet" (or whatever you are implying). 

I think calling out another player/PC in this way to be an example of extremely poor form, and while I am tempted to shut down this discussion fully as inappropriate in a public context I dislike the notion of there being any kind of "back channel" conspiracy theorising about something so dumb.

Ironically I have had irate players accuse us of overly favoring YOU also Dr Dragon and I find the notion to be similarly stupid.

Look, players that play a lot and put in lots of hours and work hard with their character will often succeed.... rather than develop a grudge or start developing insane, drug-enhanced paranoid conspiracy theories it seems better to just relax and realize this is just a game and that sometimes people do well with a character and sometimes not.

VanillaPudding

A little wild, even for you DRD. Take a step back and think about things for a bit.

You recently had a very prominent figure in the chapter, if not the most thus far, and that can be a bit unnerving to try and "match" again. Try not to take shit out on other players though my man, it's really best left for the back channels you mentioned. Get that shit off your chest with your friends and then move on.

Cruzel

Incidentally, I remember one of your dwarves eating 2-3 FD's in the period of about an hour back in EFU:A, Doc.

When I was henching for stranger this chapter,  my impression was the opposite of yours suggested in the  OP.  I've never seen  a PC get trolled and sabotaged so hard by DMs.   Stranger just happens to roll with it in a way that he's happened to be pretty successful.

On the same note,  I've rarely seen NPCs just walk up and be like "Oh hey, here's a sack of potions" like I have seen them do to the DOC on a bunch of your pcs.  (Barring duels like  raids'  paladin vs velstra squire where she was hilariously outsupplied and matched and a DM tried to even it out)

Some people get lots of attention from the DMS.  But that's not always a good thing and not always an advantage.  But in most cases,  they do deserve it.  You yourself doc, are the #2 person on the server for getting people involved and starting player shit, behind RWG.      People may gripe about how you play, but there's no denying you get shit done and you involve a lot of people along the way.      Stranger does the same, and you both get a ton of DM attention for it.  Just chill, maybe?

Iconoclast

I feel compelled to enter this for some reason. I started playing regularly in efua. I've had some DM attention on my characters, nothing serious. I don't pvp much, and my hours are as spastic as my attention span, so I get it. I've seen the rise and fall of dozens of your and other main pcs, sometimes salty when I try to push small plans that get swept under the rug because DMs are more interested in more prominent PCs, but the most important thing is this.

It doesn't matter. I didn't even know Adrian got retconned deaths. I don't care. However now that I do know, i'm happy he did. That missing arm and the ensuing mini drama that his prosthetic caused was worth it.

I've never had a FD retconned. I probably never will. I don't care.

The server is great even if the thumb feels like its on the scales. The server is great when you're all alone. The server is great when some new player gets you killed.

I don't care about favoritism, getting ganked, drylooted, pushed to the fringes, or the general opinions people have about my characters. When I want to, I'll roll another one. When I get bored, I'll roll another one. When I don't have a concept I roll characters until something sticks . . . you get the picture.

The same day you became an Orza Knife I was trying to get -anyone- to wand me for the Butchers (You had me join, seriously, thank you).
I still haven't gotten wanded.
I still play every week.
I still don't bitch about it.

You're a good player. This post, and the one on Ironside's goodbye thread, makes you look bad.