Looting: How do you do it?

Started by Cruzel, July 24, 2019, 07:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pup

Quote from: Damien on July 26, 2019, 01:24:07 PM
Real men take nothing. That way you own them twice and it's classy.

Unless they're one of those obvious powergaming players who just rushed to 8 and have pages of potions, in which case take all you want (even life if you feel like it)

This is how I roll normally.  Being a bandit is different.  A bandit steals.  It's like, sort of their thing.

I should've been more clear.  Normally in PVP I take nothing, unless the battle has particularly drained my resources.  I totally agree it is classier and more badass to just leave your opponent to wallow in humiliation!
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Paha

Stay true to your character idea, what ever the situation, is my preferred means. If I have had a long rivalry or many encounters with someone, I do tend to at that point take back to cover what I have lost or used, to manage and survive myself. It's a bit of a competition, after all, but I still prefer to leave people a way to go on. (As in not taking their gear itself really, unless there's real relic or reason that warrants such things.) Some characters for me like to steal. Some don't care to take anything. Some are too prideful for it. It changes.