EFUPW Wiki Discussion

Started by LoveLess, August 14, 2019, 08:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoveLess

Hello people of EFU.

A recent discussion in discord showed that some people may have been holding back on critique of the wiki that the DMs, hauteville, the_shadow, DYBIL, and I have been filling up on since the release of COR. A lot of the content has been moved from the forums directly over, with some formatting done here and there, but it is far from a complete job. Please keep in mind that a lot of content may just not be available on the wiki because the DMs have ruled that it is to remain hidden, only to be found through in-game play.

If you have any suggestions, comments, or otherwise constructive feedback to offer, please do! Just post here or send a message to our role in discord (@wiki goblin). We'll make note of it or change it outright relatively quickly depending on when we are available.

Let's just keep the posts here strictly about what can be added, improved, or otherwise said, about the wiki. There is no need for posts of thanks or any of that, we did it because we wanted the information readily available to us too!

https://wiki.efupw.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

SunrypeSlim

Yo hows it goin fam. You guys did a great job. I got two notes and they're both the same note:

• Right now you have the Turn Undead feat (and primary domain turning abilities) on one page, Cleric Domains on another page, and the Cleric class description on a third page. I think that it would look really cool to collapse them all into the Cleric page, and updating the Turn Undead link in the Feat Changes section.

Ditto Rogue perks.
PM me for an apology! :3

LoveLess

Due to the length of Turn Undead, Domains, and class perks in general, the DMs have stated that they want them to remain on their own pages. The exception to this so far is Ranger, but they are the ones that need the least explanation as well. While there is definitely some work left to be done, the DMs have been clear that they would prefer perks and heavily reworked details be on their own. Since Turn Undead actually has a lot of mechanical changes, could see more changes in the future, and that Domains have a lot of spells, effects, and passives of their own, the pages can be extensive. It would not have sense to double the length of Feat Changes by adding the entire listing onto the Feat Changes. It does not really help the fact that the problem most people are having is the amount of pages they need to be on at a single time to get all of the relevant information to their build

Clerics, new spells, and the spell changes are in general some of the topics that I have been considering doing a large format update on. They are a bit of a mess and often raise the most questions. Making formats uniform across the board is also something that needs to be done.

We have made small changes over time to help with this. The hope is that we can move forward without having to actually consolidate everything into one long page, or rely on something similar to collapsible content, moving forward.

Salbom

MMmh I sent my comments about the Changelog to the mailing list yesterday, did they disappear ? aint that strange that it never happens with spam 
If they did, Ill have to resent them...

Glyph

Should Drow still be listed as app-able race?

TheShadow

Yep! Highly unlikely to be approved, but they're on the list.
Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.

Pup

The Barbarian rules are very wonky.  There is no need to have it all separated.  Just have it all on one page, not bouncing around.

i.e. Put the Rage and Furor rules on the main Barbarian page, instead of having to open another page to view them.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

SunrypeSlim

https://wiki.efupw.com/index.php?title=Animal_Companions

Would it be possible to list base NWN Companions and their EFU replacements, if this is still relevant?

Please and thank you, you're all doing an excellent job as always!
PM me for an apology! :3

DYBIL

Quote from: SunrypeSlim on September 28, 2019, 06:40:31 PM
https://wiki.efupw.com/index.php?title=Animal_Companions

Would it be possible to list base NWN Companions and their EFU replacements, if this is still relevant?

Please and thank you, you're all doing an excellent job as always!

EfU uses a custom animal companion system that involves taming wild creatures. It is explained on the Druid and ranger pages but the individual page has not been written up yet.

Jello!

Probably the least important thing anyone could think of, but what kind of information will be going to go into the siege weapon potion of the wiki?

Richørd

I might be a contrarian here but I for one like that the Turn Undead functions, barbarian furors and all these things are on sepparate pages

makes making separate tabs and buildtheorizing so much more easier