Author Topic: [The Listener / the Worshipful Guild of Complainers, c/o Ticker Square]  (Read 161 times)

Aethereal

• View Profile
Dear Listener / Complainful Whiners / Worshipful Complainers,

I am Aethelwine Silver, the retired Royal Court Wizard of his Majesty, the King and now an Ex-Wizard seeking to learn of the mundane world that I've ignored ... forever. In my quest, I have come upon a position that appeals to me, it is the Castigator of the Rings, and I sense the work your guild does has some similarity to my own efforts.

However, as I have no personal interest in the guilds of Ticker Square, I suggest a cooperation between our two parties as I claim my place as the Castigator of the Rings. I believe this would work out best if in return for your support, I simply forward to you affairs in which I am not willing or able to engage as although there is some overlap in what we do, my work is of a very particular nature: that of Righteousness.

A copy of my first professional effort in enclosed for your examination. I hope your complaints of it are only constructive in nature, if any.

Under the auspices of the King,

Aethelwine Silver

Enclosed copy of "professional work"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:29:48 AM by Aethereal »
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

An Unfinished Reverie

• View Profile
Aethelwine Silver the Ex-Wizard,

You propose an alliance, but your so-called "Righteousness" is barely ever heard upon the whispers of the Doorkeepers. This is something  you will need to work upon if you intend to be recognized as one who speaks out against the infinite ills of this woefully ailing City of Ills.

We've examined your professional work and deem it notable, certainly even worthy but there is room for improvement. Mostly, you should have simply said the word we all know deserved to be there or some variant thereof rather than merely "NONSENSE". We of the Worshipful Guild of Complainers do not approve of pulling our punches and will not care to ally with someone who refuses to say it like it is. But your merit is certainly noted and we will be considering your proposition.

You'll never take the place of our most venerable First Speaker, the one and only, Lady Soppira Hinkley, but your castigation shows promise. Keep it up and we'll send our people to find your people.

Until then, we will continue to listen.

- The Listener

P.S. DENOUNCE THEM ALL FOR THEIR TERRIBLE DEEDS AND INSULTS TO MAN, WOMAN, CHILD, BEAST AND WORLD ALIKE! WHINE AND ROAR AND COMPLAIN! CASTIGATE LIKE YOU MEAN IT! CASTIGATE LIKE IT'S ALL YOU KNOW HOW TO DO! THEN AND ONLY THEN MIGHT YOU CLAIM YOUR TITLE, "ROYAL CASTIGATOR!"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:29:32 AM by An Unfinished Reverie »

Aethereal

• View Profile
[Received.]
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.