The Shittest Shot in the Rings.
The Aspiring Merchant.
The Orzan who hated Outsiders.
The Scrolls Learner.
The Friend.

The Sister.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

Selise was a character that I had a lot of fun playing, and learning  as I played. Her history stands, that she was once a watchman in the city watch, in Deepwater; As well as the sister of a character who previously came and went in the City of Rings, Stannis Ironblood. While Selise was friendly, caring, and thoughtful- She  was superstitious and bullheaded when it cames to things she didn't like, or things she couldn't understand. Selise had a great desire to do what was right; And she was generally accepting of certain traits and behaviors of some, in order to enlist them in the fight against what she saw as the greater evil.

AND NOW SHE'S DEAD.
Alright! So let's look at some screenshots and loot things!

- - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -

Loot stuffs
[hide][/hide]

[hide][/hide]

[hide][/hide]

Screenshots
[hide]
Description: Selise spent some time living in the water gardens after she left Ticker Square.
[/hide]

[hide]
Description: Patrol in the Air Seam. Siobhan leading the collective of soldiers: Kelteel, Ironblood, Dion, & Retainer "Jim".
[/hide]

[hide]
Description: Selise was present for the death of Adrian Winespill. She often had to remind herself to breath, the tension was so thick in the air as the Captain of Velstra battled the Sin of Gluttony, until it swallowed him. [/hide]

[hide]
Description: Some prayer sessions before a fight. Sinspi was a deity that Siobhan appeared to have great interest and admiration for.[/hide]

[hide]
Description: The Retinue grew.[/hide]

[hide]

Description: Selise lays Siobhan to rest with a dagger from her brother. She disobeyed Sargon's orders to sell it, in effort to honor the veteran she spent a lot of time with in heavy conversation and battle along side.[/hide]

CorstoTerrore

Now who's Deeprune going to grumble about?

I'm disappointed in you, Selise.

SovietGrowlithe

You did some great things with the character.  Sad to see her cut down. Well done, shame the relation never came up.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Easy To Remember

I really enjoyed Selise's journal, and I'm bummed I never got the chance to bring up having met the other Ironblood.

cmenden

What a cool PC! I wish I'd gotten more chances to interact with her!

EverDRothe

A reliable and a marvelous character which made the House Orza feel more like a home than a place for murderhobos to sleep at. I was always looking forward to reading her journal and to know her more, she will be sorely missed.

Wench

Great character! I wish I could interact with her more! Can't wait to see what you bring to the server next!  ;D
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Disorder

Fellow archer will be missed

Aethereal

A bow of Blood and Iron, such an appropriate and thematic piece of loot! I didn't have many interactions with Selise, but like others have mentioned, enjoyed reading her journal entries.

The one major interaction that set her apart from most of House Orza was how she offered Aethelwine the skin of water after the Joust, even though he had bested her (at the time seething) captain. Sometimes it really is the little gestures that make a character stand out.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Autarch

RIP. Sad to see another great character go. Selise was a cool one and I'm gonna miss reading her journal. Looking forward to see what you do next.

Emerald, Ruby and Steel

I want to commend you for this memorable and very human PC. You did a great job.

[hide=Spoilers]I think it's fair to say that Siobhan was responsible for bringing Selise to Orza -- after they met at the Cube, while Selise was still an aspiring Arbiter. Siobhan, following her own agenda, was working with the Arbiters to destroy Ib'javi, and she identified not only that Selise was a ruthless and professional soldier -- something Siobhan admired -- but that Selise's zealous hostility to fiends was something she could manipulate. She played up her own opposition to the rakshasa and told Selise that Castle Orza would be open to her if she ever needed a new center of gravity. And eventually, after parting ways with the Cube, Selise did show up at the Castle, offering her services to Siobhan in the belief that the Peerage was a place more in tune with her hatred of fiends than the corrupt Ticker Square was, and in the (more well-founded) expectation that Siobhan understood Selise's soldier mentality and would make full use of it. In drawing Selise to Orza, Siobhan gave the House one of its most important assets, and for a while the two of them formed the core of a new more hierarchical, professional and strictly militaristic Orzan retinue than had been the case in the past.

They, in concert with other new retainers brought in under Siobhan, made a good team, mutually respectful colleagues -- and, were it not for Selise's (very understandable) wariness of Siobhan, might even have become something like friends -- until Sargon showed up and began to alter the balance of power in the Castle. But what ultimately saw Siobhan and Selise's paths diverge more and more was Siobhan's own clandestine and unscrupulous dealings with Ticker Square, which Siobhan knew Selise with her principled stance would never tolerate if she discovered. What made Selise such a good underling in Siobhan's eyes -- her simplicity, her steadfastness and her loyalty to the House -- was simultaneously what made her decreasingly useful as Siobhan's own activities began to diverge more and more from the official business of the Castle. So she began, ruefully, to leave Selise out of the loop more and more, and rely on her less and less, leaving her instead to be orchestrated by Sargon. Knowing that it was inevitable that her own conflicts of interests with the House would soon come to a head once more, Siobhan had a final conversation with Selise where she effectively said goodbye, without revealing her true intentions, and obliquely tried to explain why she could not and would not ask Selise to come with her where she needed to go. She didn't want to place Selise in that position. Unlike Siobhan, Selise was not a scheming noble but a soldier.

It was a brief but memorable scene and it encapsulated everything that made our interactions so interesting.[/hide]

Thank you for great RP and for giving us one of Orza's coolest and most memorable retainers. And thank you for her journal as well, which was indeed enjoyable and always fascinating.

Fiverine

I was a big fan of Selise and her journal.  Sad to see her go.  She actually had Taharqa tempted to don the orange livery alongside her.  Thank you for the RP and the questing.  Breadbloods with just the two of us was my favourite memory of her.  RIP. 
After the battle is over
And the sands have drunken the blood
All what there remains
Is the bitterness of delusion