A behind the scenes DM thank you

Started by Scrappa-yeti, September 09, 2019, 01:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrappa-yeti

These kinds of posts are tricky, it is hard not to sound twee or like I am sucking up for DM loot.

But I would like to give a thank you to the DMs who are doing the building and behind the scenes work on EfU. Obviously there is heaps of stuff going on back there, and unlike the direct DM interaction in game, I usually don't get the chance to say thank you. 

This iteration of EfU is impressive - the area design is sleek, the mysteries are tantalising, and the puzzles challenging. 

Cheers to all of you, thanks for putting in the time and creative effort.

Secutor

I haven't played on EFU seriously since 2009 or so. The pandemic + a Steam sale got me to check it out IG again, and I just wanted to chime in how impressive and well-crafted this community/module is (has become?). Thank you to all the developers and DMs, all the good-sense guidance to keep the community healthy and technology up-to-date, and to the people who have financially supported this community since the beginning. On my second day back, I was playing side-by-side with players (during a server-wide DM event) whom I quested with in my first weeks of EFU in 2006 or 7, and that's amazing.

SunrypeSlim

Thank you all so much for the constant updates too. So much has been added even in just the last 3 months that I can't believe you're not being paid. There's more new stuff in the changelog than I could ever utilize in a lifetime.
PM me for an apology! :3

SamB123

As a new player, I must add that I am impressed. The dedication of the DM team continues to keep me interested.

Kiaring

This is an awesome time to be IG, thank you so much for the dedication that makes this place run for 15 years.

Baseline EfU was already a work of art. That the server has managed to improve consistently on all that we know and love, while adding whole new layers of mechanical and scripted flavor, is nothing short of astonishing.

Thank you for all the love that goes into this,

Sincerely,

another happy returning veteran ; )
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

Jello!

Thought i'd give this post a small bump given the conclusion of the "Mad God T'chun" and all the other cool events that have been going on.

Thanks Dms!

Zerminar12

Agree with the rest of the folks here. I'm relatively new (joined halfway through Chapter 4) but I have to say that the DM's have truly topped themselves with the CoR. The sheer quantity of content in the first handful of Rings alone is impressive between Seams, hidden sewer tunnels, and a whole load of miscellaneous nooks and crannies. And then there's a hundred more of these damn Rings each packed with their own themes, deep lore, and interesting set pieces. City of Rings feels like a crowning achievement not just for EFU but for the Neverwinter Nights community as a whole and I only hope that more content of its caliber comes out whether on this PW or on others. I only regret that I'll never get to see all the Rings because I suck at ringrunning.
What has been, it is what will be, And what has been done, it is what will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.

Rey

This is the best efu has ever been imo, though I never did have the privilege of playing the preceding chapter.

I've been recently thinking about how it's simply come so far. I can remember how I laughed the first time I got to 94 and heard the Kill Bill song, and I've since been paying pretty close attention to just the musical choices made for each area and some of them (cough 64 cough) just knock your socks off.

It's a small thing, but it's a good example of how much care went into the emotional impact of the world, and it really kind of highlights what I personally love most about efu--how it's the only video game that has filled me up so completely with such crazy intense feelings, that are otherwise the things of film and story. Video games don't make me cry, except this one from time to time.

The fact that it has to put up with all the issues that any digital space has to deal with and still remains this well cared-for--truly impressive work folks, kudos.

Oh and just something I've been wanting to get off my chest ... this game used to be a lot harder. There's just more stuff now, the economy is richer, so every pc is richer and better supplied than in say, chapter 1.

Your PC's first +1 deflection or natural ac point? Used to take a lot of grinding to get. Lesser restoration was something you ran out of when you needed it. Blur was not drank by everyone all the time because brew potion needed to be taken with a class level, so it was actually kinda rare to have access to blur. Quests weren't easier though, people just died more, or used really tight party tactics to win. IE was common for fighters, with its +10 ac. Frankly it was more or less necessary to front line without a healer glued to your butt.

So you youngsters better be grateful for...! Ok I'll see myself out.

Oh, and thanks too. This has been a real sanity-saver during the worst parts of covid.

SunrypeSlim

I am enjoying EfU immensely right now. Thank you to the players I've interacted with, the DMs who've run events for me, and everyone else with their own stories I haven't seen yet.
PM me for an apology! :3

Astra

Thanks so much to the DMs for all they do - particularly in moderating the community, I know from experience that it can be a thankless job and people often get mad, but it's really important for a healthy group.

And for extremely cool plots and lore, of course! EFU is definitely the most unique roleplay experience I've been in, in no small part to the DMs efforts.