Author Topic: The Journal of a Blood Sorceress  (Read 591 times)

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: September 24, 2019, 11:58:07 AM

What are the small gods? How did they come to be? None of their faiths will provide any satisfactory answers to this question.

Are they ideas that gain semblance and divinity through worship?

Were they once mortal beings that gathered enough of the divine essence that they ascended?

I have stood in Phanax's realm. His prison. What is curious about it is that there was no touch of the planar imbalance there, the planar sickness. This means something, Purity. It means something and I need to understand what. It must be investigated.

I have stood in the Feaster's realm. If it is not the Nine, then it is an aspect of it. A fragment of their broken god. This realm was out of balance. I could feel the planar sickness there. This also means something.

I need more information. More observations. Not the useless preaching of priests, but reliable, objective information. Facts, Purity. We must always strive to separate the facts from fancies.

The Winters search for a way to bring their Small God into the King's Realm. They sought the Banner to do this. Perhaps I might assist them in exchange for help. A god of machinery and clockwork... a risky entity to be associated with in light of the King's Ban on time keeping.

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: September 29, 2019, 12:39:25 PM

Anemone, Like the Flower

I knew you would die. You were too foolish, too broken, your magics too dangerous for this world.

I knew you would die and I allowed myself to love you anyways. To cherish what little time we had together in this life.

Anemone, you brought joy and pain both into my life. I like to think that I made your life a little better. You seemed happier towards the end.

I grieve, but I move on.

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: September 29, 2019, 01:29:43 PM
Experiment: Magical Alteration and Attunement  - Aborted (Subject perished)

Subject: Anemone Rhysling, Human, F, Approximate Age: 25

Subject has a twin sister who was a sorcerer. Subject did not display any sorcerous abilities herself, instead pursued a path of wizardry. Subject has mild developmental disabilities.

It is the link to her sister that interests me. Could sorcerous talents be induced in the subject through this bond? Could the nature of Anemone's magic be altered so that it is not a risk to herself or the City, so that she draws its power from herself or the City instead of the other planes?

Procedure: Mix the blood of two Sorcerous Mimics (A rare and unique sorcerous talent that potentially allows the sorcerer to reproduce any work of magic they witness or sense) . Combine them, extract the commonalities in them into a powdered essence. Introduce this to a culture (Elf Blood works exceptionally well here once it has been rendered magically inert). Careful application of magic and my sorcerous talents is used to nurture this culture and shape it towards the desired state (see appendix 23c, States of Blood wrt Magic Attunement). Introduce the subject's blood once the blood is in its desired state, entice it to an energetic state so it will bond. Drain out the excess magic.

Inject the mixture into the subject in 3 steps of increasing potency.

Observations:
No noticeable change to the subject's magic after the first injection. Subject displayed a mild fever that subsided after a day.

No noticeable change to the subject's magic after the second injection. Subject described feeling "weird" sensations, akin to chills.

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: October 02, 2019, 12:25:17 PM

I am armed with new knowledge and experiences, I am blessed with new wisdom. I have new understandings that beg me to ask... How many times have I pursued this ambition?

And how many times have I failed? If I had ever succeeded then I would know. We would see it's mark.

It is simple logic, my dear Purity.  If I have never succeeded until now, then I must do something bold and audacious instead.

Something new.

Among the ancient manuscripts of House Nephezar there are texts that hint at a greater knowledge. Old words, Aeon, Charis and Nous. A strange familiarity comes over me as I read these words. I know these concepts, yet the explanations elude me. I feel this is important. It is important that I remember.

I must learn more. I must look into myself, into my past. I know one route that might lead me to this. A route that could cost me everything. Surely there must be others.

There is another thing I must consider...

Perhaps I have learned this all before, and it has led me to make similar decisions.

Perhaps my work is already out there partially completed. Waiting for me to awaken and resume...

Perhaps Anemone is out there...

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: October 05, 2019, 02:40:25 PM
✓ A Glittering Mote of Light

Three Petals of Morning

Six Sacred Symbols
Nous, Veritas
Sermo, Vita
Anthropos, Ecclesia
(Must discover the appropriate metals, minerals and substances for each of the symbols)

The Blood and Venom of a Manticore, The Vessel
✓ The Blood of the recipient, Purified of Sin, The Medium
✓ The Blood of a foul changeling, Purified and Transformed, The Intent

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: October 05, 2019, 04:31:12 PM

Almost everyday you fall
Upon my waking eyes
Inviting me and
Inciting me
To rise

And through the window in the wall
Comes streaming in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: October 05, 2019, 06:39:06 PM
This is a crucial part of the ritual. The representations of the ogdoad.

Nous, The Mind, Tin
Veritas, The Truth, Silver

Sermo, The Word, Copper
Vita, The Life, Blood-Mercury

Anthropos, Humanity, Iron
Ecclesia, Faith, Gold

The metal must be made pure and forged into the proper shape. Upon their surface is etched the rune representing the Aeon. The etching will be filled with blood, an offering and sacrifice to lend it power.

These must be composed into the proper pattern. I know that Nous and Veritas emanate from the union of Profundity and Silence, who are outside of this arranement. I must account for this.

Sermo and Vita emanate from the union of Nous and Veritas.

Anthropos and Ecclesia emanate from the union of Sermo and Vita.

I must find the correct arrangement that is in harmony with the recipient's lineage.

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: October 07, 2019, 12:18:51 PM

I find this icy abode to be a much needed respite from everything.

I have not had time to mourn. I have avoided it by throwing myself into my work. But every now and then I find myself holding the gem that she gave to me as a gift. I find myself thinking of the love and adoration in his eyes. I am doing their memory a disservice. Anemone, Aravar, I love and miss you both.

I am sorry that I failed you. I will carry this love and these memories with me when I ascend.

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: October 07, 2019, 03:21:45 PM
Notes on the Lineage of The Houses of the Peers, House Nephezar

?, ?
         Adaion Nephezar, ?
               Nicodemus Nephezar
               Nadia Nephezar
         Adaios Nephezar
   ?,?
         Adezar Nephezar
   ?,?
         Agamast Nephezar
   ?,?
         Adelia Nephezar
   ?,?
         Unnamed (Disap)

Known Ancestors, Uncertain of Lineage:
   Hathegam Nephezar
   Arcturus Nephezar
   Alecta Nephezar
   Nadzieja Nephezar
   Naowarat Nephezar

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: October 21, 2019, 12:08:50 PM

It was a mistake to think that I could trust anyone here.

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: October 21, 2019, 12:40:51 PM

I am being forced into this waste of time when there are so many more important, vital things that I could be working on for the sake of the House and for the City. Hounded incessantly by all those that would claim to be my friends or allies.

Yet when it comes time for them to actually help, for them to lend any minor assistance, they all turn away. They force me to alter my plans to include people who will most certainly murder me if I do the things that need to be done to lure in the hand. Then they talk me out of doing what they insisted I must do to "clear my name" from Morgan's slander. They now say it's now a waste of time when I actually try to set out to do it.

They work against me at every turn.

House Nephezar is infested with traitors again. Censors who are only loyal to one another instead of to the Nephezar and Thauamturges. Censors who are more friendly and loyal to a woman who is an enemy of the House than to a Thaumaturge within it. Whose hands are stained with the sin and blood from the coverup of Dame Cotte's murder.

What am I to do, Purity?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:58:29 PM by MAGIC »