Customizable spell casting text

Started by MAGIC, September 16, 2019, 05:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGIC

I'm imagining a system where whenever a player casts a spell it can automatically speak an emote that the player has set up for that spell.  This would allow players to more easily portray their specific flavor on their spells.

Something along the lines of:
Player casts a spell
Then the player types
/c spelldesc add [A dazzling cloud of luminous butterflies shoots out from his hands]

And then when they cast that spell in the future it would automatically speak that text.

The cons is that it could be noisy if overused?

Kinslayer988

I imagine that the text would be flooded if overused, but perhaps a DM can set it on items as a reward for casting PCs. There is already a lot of text spam in chat and larger events, and I think that the emotes should be saved for dramatic moments or used every once in a while.

Imagine buffing for an event where just one person may be casting multiples of the same spell. For example casting bull strength:
[Muscular arms weave crimson magics over their companion]

Items that provide colored text when players cast certain spells -is- cool though and I am sure people would be jealous!
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Paha

In all honesty, this is not very likely for simple reason that you can just as well do it on your own. Takes effort and doing, but it is nonetheless at your own hands.

Bearic

Not to dissuade from the notion, but using marcos in quick slots makes this sort of thing so much easier. If you need those spots for items, a word pad and a good old crtl-c, crtl-v  also does wonders. Basically a necessity if you want to switch through bard songs on the fly.

Paha

As it stands we have added macro function that will allow longer ones to be made, as well. Head Honcho hired our community scripters to use their spare time and they have come through. Check discord module changelog for bit of instructions, before we get them to wiki and such, with the help of our community wiki goblins.