Author Topic: Ithronielís Secret Diary  (Read 146 times)

ArrayMagus

• View Profile
on: October 02, 2019, 10:43:48 PM
(Unassuming brown tome hidden in a bag full of Romance novels with a mark of the Rumor Mill)

Spellcraft > 15
It's covered with a small illusion array which gives the appearance that the book covers the topic of Slaadi mating habits. It's riddled with various warding and alarm spells which could be easily deactivated for any learned Magi.
[close]

Enough time has been lost in these rings to learn that my kind is not welcome here, both as a person, and as a member of my race. My Ancestors who donít watch over me, I pray that you ease your worries and come to learn that one pureblood of our house still lives, unsullied with the cause of downfall of our house, far away from the reach of them.

I very much regret forsaking my surname, even though itís the only reason I still live as me. Even if I live, the name of our House will never be heard from again. The battle-songs of our riders, the gold-bound tomes of our library, the mighty airship fleets with our name will never be seen.

My physical state is as fine as usual, however I have a strong, sinking feeling that some of my memories are missing, which have proven to be correct after I consulted other newly awoken for their unfortunate plight.

I went to the Spinning Groat arena, to see if I still held that power, that knowledge to command my summons with one motion of hand, with one heartbeat to create something  beautiful which was never been achieved by the likes of lesser Conjurati.

After some resounding beatings victories, I was forbidden from participating ever again. Pff, as if they could ever appreciate my showmanship, my performance, my art. They donít even know what are they missing.

Iíll be seeking Summoning tomes and regain that which has been lost to me. It looks like the wizards who arrive here are of the reckless, self-endangering type, who donít live long and good lives. That matter should be tended to.

Also, Ancestors who do watch over me, please stop peeking over my shoulder to see whatever I read or writeÖ it is creepy and doesnít make me feel comfortable at all.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:58:57 AM by ArrayMagus »

ArrayMagus

• View Profile
on: October 02, 2019, 10:45:08 PM
Today was the most embarrassing day in my life, well, one of them at least. A fateful guild of bookmakers was announced to be formed, and when I spoke with Mister Kirkland about that matter it was revealed to me that it wasnít the guild of bookwriters, it was Bookies! Iíve almost joined a gambling establishment, oh ancestors how I almost failed you.

On another note, Iíve found quite a few friends and have started to work on couple of books, one of which is already finished. For the finished book Iíve hired services of the Gnome with one of most beautiful handwriting Iíve ever seen for a gnome to write a short story which would be released together with the book. I am greatly anticipating her work and it should be done pretty soon.

I just hope that she isnít overburdened with being a rumor mill reporter, thereís a nagging feeling like something terrible is going to happen to her at any given moment, but that should just be my worry speaking out.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:00:26 AM by ArrayMagus »

ArrayMagus

• View Profile
on: October 02, 2019, 10:48:15 PM
Today was yet another one of my most embarrassing days. Iíve recklessly tested out a magical reagent which summoned something very unwelcomeÖ But thankfully the issue was very quickly solved.

I sought a good pair of eyes, but not as good as Yllasaadinatranna has for that would honestly be a huge waste of a trained tinkerer and a reporter. Instead, I dragged along Merry and Talion, which surprisingly didnít prove to be a burden and have saved my hide a bunch of times when things went wrong. Iíve also noticed that a sorceress which we dragged along with us wields powers of a positive energy plane, while a lass of a Peerage chapter took care that no harm befell her.

Iíve learned something today and that is that no matter how strong are you as a whole, when removed from the equation you become a burden.

I felt that I was a burden, instead the other way around once my summons failed to follow my command for the first time in my life. Quickly an answer to this problem shall be sought and found out, or woe to me and everyone else involved.

Ancestors please stop bothering me to call for your aid. I don't need YOU, alright?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:00:40 AM by ArrayMagus »

ArrayMagus

• View Profile
on: October 06, 2019, 09:32:36 PM
I went on a embarrassing , almost lethal adventure with Talion.

We were exploring the Ponds to meet our neighbors, familiarize ourselves with our surroundings and to eventually, dive into the pond and explore the apparently wondrous system underneath the water.

In the water we went deep, I lost my breath and almost drowned if it wasnít for the timely help of my friend.
Next time, if there is any such thing as next time, Iíll bring more bubbleberries.

After leaving the waters our only sight was of a bloodstained arena, and a raft at the distance. Rat Raft was itís name. I wonít speak much about what happened there, since my cousin showed up to admonish me. The cheeky little prick chastising me of all people should know better than that as I am trying very hard to get rid of his ass.

We swiftly left because the were-rats meant bad luck, and I did hold a rathunterís membership badge. Would be quite awful for me to be cut down just like the mryads of their kin which I did for my research on anger management. I did fear that Talion would start to suspect something about me, which suspicions later had shown up to be true.

You see, we left that cursed place and found ourselves back at the drips. Finally feeling safe at my killing grounds, the endless bounty of this place awaited us, well, Iíll stop embellishing, there were nets strewn out ready for scumpicking.

When we were almost done with gathering the goods, a necromancer with his pet skeleton Charles assaulted us fiercely from behind.
Talion, in a fashion befitting a wizard promptly ran away , as Charles made short work of my futile efforts and sat on me subdued me, I barely managed to keep my head above the sewage , the bony bastard.

After we shared some ďpleasantriesĒ about the Bonecollectorís guild, Talion bumbled into the scene like a prince charming with a small army of summons in tow. Shame that Humans are so weird otherwise I would fall for him on the spot. The necromancer in a very smooth and baritone voice fled saying that better I do what he said or else.

As soon as he went away and I finally felt safe around with my friend,  gramps ancestor showed up. He was very mean to both of us, but I  stood strong and chased his incorporeal cowardly presence away. Relatives really do suck.

We carefully went our way back to the Open Door, only to be a part of a mugging scene, which I bravely deescalated in a manner which only an expert diplomat could do. Let's just say that without my intervention, it would result in two men thrusting long, hard objects into each other over some goblin.  Wouldnít you believe that!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:56:16 AM by ArrayMagus »

ArrayMagus

• View Profile
on: October 07, 2019, 09:17:30 PM
Today was an adventure of an Elf, a gnome, almost naked human and a fully clothed one.

You see, we went to sight-see the infamous bonecollectorís guild, and I even got a souvenir!
The place was totally different to what I had in mind. I thought it would be a bunch of craven witches and madmen prancing and dancing along with skeletons around a huge, blazing bonfire! Instead, it was a very well guarded solemn place of peace, with lots of free inky hands unlike that of a inquisitor (albeit much smaller) silently skittering around.

I learned lot from my encounter there, and if I ever get cravings for forbidden knowledge which I never will I know now where to go. Though it looks like some of them had dealings with the lizards and as everyone knows, lizards suck!

Once we felt that we overstayed our welcome next to some very bony friends, we quickly scurried away with a snap of the fingers of my similarly arcane aligned friend.

I was also informed by my dear friend Yllasaadinatranna that her work, Dream in the Seam is done, so I aptly rewarded her for the painstaking effort she put into that fine piece of work. Maybe I should join the Rumor Mill, Iíve heard her often whining that the newspapers take away too much time from her tinkering, and ringrunning will certainly delay the releases too, can't have that.

ArrayMagus

• View Profile
on: October 15, 2019, 01:58:27 AM
Over last couple of days I've been adapting quite well to the Rumour Mill.
We have a cozy place, neat clothes, coffee machine and one hell of a well-furbished bedroom. The company here listens well and talks even better, I feel really welcome in their presence, as if we were already close friends. The Guildmaster Klink really didn't cut any slack to create the best possible place for story-lovers such as me in the ring nine nine, but she expects great things of all of us.

I stopped messing around with mundane matters such as earning groats, and broke through the minor barrier that is the 4th circle. I finally fulfilled my promise to a friend and my days were to say it lightly, filled with joy.

After my success I visited for the first time the infamous Warrenwatch and have come to an exchange of knowledge and ideas which I sorely lacked. The knowledge that is, not ideas. My chat with Aethelwine was certainly enlightening, however I have a feeling that he's hiding something from me, probably goading me into the seeking the questions and answer myself. An attitude which I certainly can appreciate considering how many things are actually served the easy way, on the silver platter, which definitely will take something in return without you even knowing it. Easiest one being of course to single out, the fear and the joy of discovery.

Speaking of a friend hiding things, Talion has become.... increasingly suspicious in his behavior. It might be that I don't know him well, might be just that good old wizardly paranoia, but he's becoming increasingly... off. Can't blame him really, sleeping in that ghost infested manor. I can only pray that his protective wards serve him well seeing that he's persistently unwise with holding onto the deed of that place.

This new Guild Member I just inducted (and to whom I can give my thanks at no small amounts of distracting paperwork and headache) Hawthorne, has proven to be an interesting fellow. He has the classical meticulous wizardly approach to things, yet, despite it has honed his other, less arcane skills. They were good enough to convince me to silently forgive him for his sins made in haste, clearly done as an upstart trying to give himself a foothold more than anything else than out of pure malicious will. Not like I'll forget it, there will be now plenty of opportunities  just mildly inconvenience him just as he did me, considering that we're now neighbours. He he he.

The real inconvenience really, is what happened with the Last Banner. A clear tragedy in works, which was only made worse by the retainers of peerage messing things up. Sharpening their blades and going after Yllasaadinatranna for some percieved "theft", they probably slandered her to cut off any loose ends of their clearly evil schemes. I just hope that she's alive and well in the deeper rings.

Speaking of theft, that Velstran proved himself to be no better than the rest of his ilk. We fought together, we bled together, yet he felt that his rewards were not enough as he attempted to steal from his comrades the famed mithral bar. Why steal do I say, well, for he, without even mentioning it attempted to sneak it off. 

As soon as he was ousted, he said that it was his right to possess it for he was working on reforging a blade, and just tried to walk off with it thinking noone else would need it. Once he was quickly proven wrong by the chessentan he tried to defend himself by solipsistically declaring that only his opinion matters and then proceeded to slander the rest of us of being greedy. Hmpf.

The dwarven stormcaller tried to defuse the situation to no avail, but the damage was already done. Arakvos immediately turned to assault and chased Sean off back to the troll infested forest after which he asked for the bar, so we may help him with the reforging of his doru. Of course, noone objected for he professed the profound need for it, honestly, and was rewarded as a honest man should.

We met afterwards, and the Velstran learned none of his lessons. He refused the reality and substituted it with his own. Somehow, everyone in his eyes was guilty even after he lost nothing, yet he failed to realize the mercy which was given to him, mercy which was still given despite the fact that the bonds of those two men broke, probably never to mend again. At that moment I learned once again how humans can be so... beautifully fragile. Do as he might, he too is one of lesser men, filling his life with stories of false valor to genuinely achieve those heights himself. Maybe. Maybe I just project my yearning for love in the same way he projects his yearning for valor, despite not being well versed, or even capable of it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:59:59 AM by ArrayMagus »

ArrayMagus

• View Profile
on: October 18, 2019, 02:31:28 PM

Talion... I knew he was inherently an unlucky man who knew to make worst decisions possible, but out of all things to join House Orza... That is a bit too much. I don't know how he managed to pass their screening process, or even how he wasn't cut down on the spot considering the condition he was suffering from, but it looks like they accept just about anybody (just like nephezarim got a kobold and an elf in their ranks). He was still still welcomed into their flock and as a result threw away his dignity as a man to become a dog. There can only be said so much about the house Stywell if their presumably mindlessly jumps from one allegiance to the other. Pure unfiltered madness.

Among other people, I have sadly learnt that Hawthorne is a savant whose intellect and wisdom outside of his specialties I vastly overestimated. With time, he'll come to learn to be grateful for what I did for him seeing that article will be forgotten in a matter of a week by his associates and customers to be, yet the false nobles of Peerage will never forget and will burn down all bridges for his idiotic dream of getting married into one of their families.  I did it with a heavy heart as I consider myself a herald of friendship and love, but as a person responsible for his rise to a position of a guildmember I had to make sure that there won't be second thoughts about his loyalty to the Square. I would rather be on his bad side and make sure that Square prospers rather than facing inevitable betrayal after his mind has rotten away from inhaling all the toxic fumes that permeates the Peerage Ward so much.

So far, other humans too with rare exceptions have been proving themselves to be mildly disappointing and I think I know what's the cause. Lack of love. Imagine, fighting rats, tilling soil, fearing the lizards for your entire lifetime while having only your tool as a partner to sleep with. What a sad life is for a man who has no friends, no family or legacy, with nothing but his cudgel for companionship.  It warps your mind and makes you depraved, making you seek out more blood, more strife, mor reckless excitement and for what!? To sink back into the mindlessness for that is the only thing they know.

If they refuse to see the joys of life, I'll force them them to watch it, rub it in their faces, for you pitiful humans compared to me lack one thing which I have the most, and it's time! If you can't see it, next generation will, if that won't, then the one afterwards will. Prepare for the inevitable gifts of life in which I'll shower you with.