Author Topic: Magor's Written Material  (Read 109 times)

Drink With Me

• Fix it with ale.
    • View Profile
on: October 18, 2019, 03:26:45 AM
What an odd sort of place. When we first 'awoke' it was not something we could wrap our heads around. Detective Wakefield and Miss Fairbrace are much more intuitive and learned than myself. Yet even they couldn't decern immediately what was going on. We were all covered in murky water and mud. The place reeked and I figured I'd just gotten drunk and woke up in a canal but that was not the case. Turns out we're trapped in this city of rings. Magic doesn't seem to work properly and the people are a tad off their marbles. Which is fine for me. So far it's hectic. Myself and Detective Wakefield are taking it well. We've been thought plenty of rough patches but Miss Fairbrace can't get to her pal Arvo. Which is rightfully concerning. Hoping she can find a wizard of some sort to help her figure out what she needs to do. Ontop of all that we've got a lot of this 'groat' to gather up. We have got to restart the business. Which is going to cost quite a bit. Alcohol here is also rather expensive given that you want the good stuff. May have to hold off on a day or two for a drink.  Either way was thinking of writing up some shanties. Got an inspiration from waking up here. Maybe something like...

“We three woke on a stone.”
“We looked around.”
“But none were found.”
“This place is not our home.”

“The Wakefield Agency is renown.”
“We'll do the best.”
“After some rest.”
“To plaster our name in town.”

“But first I must drink!”
“So that I can sleep!”
“Is that a sheep?”
“Glasses clink!”

Well it's not perfect for sure...it'll take time. My minds pretty hazy and not in a good way. After some rest maybe I can put together some better work.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 04:06:46 PM by Drink With Me »

Drink With Me

• Fix it with ale.
    • View Profile
on: October 19, 2019, 04:07:39 PM
Last day or so has been interesting. A few picked up interest in the agency real fast. Curious how the advertisement seem to bring so many folks out. Guess this place is certainly lacking in good investigative help. We met with a few folks. Not going to disclose that information. Just encase someone pilfers this book or I die and someone loots it off my corpse.  So if you're reading this. In hopes to gain some dirt on our clients. That's got to suck for you! Just venting about the days gone by from a beautiful orc maiden who's trying to compose new material. At any rate, we did witness a few strange customs. A strange induction for an Inquistor of the King. Everyone gathered and supposedly could 'fight' for the title. Then shortly after there was something of a 'feast' where people would fight over the food? Not too sure. On another note Miss Fairbrace finally got to meet with the Royal Court Wizard and boy did she show him what for. She had questions that even he couldn't answer. I knew she was good at getting to the truth. Just as good as the Detective, I'd say. I hope she can get Arvo back. Miss the little guy already.

Also just thought this one up today! Think I'll use it.

“I drink beer because it's great!”
“You have to come and have a taste!”

“It's refreshing and it helps you relax.”
“It even helps you forget the rats!”

“Beer is king when it comes to drink.”
“Even if it kinda stinks!”

“So grab a mug and fill it up.”
“To get a bit of that bubbly stuff!”

“It's not a question it's a fact!”
“Beer is where it's at!!!”

Much better than the last one.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:56:08 AM by Drink With Me »

Drink With Me

• Fix it with ale.
    • View Profile
on: November 03, 2019, 07:50:11 AM
Honestly things have been going pretty great. Lots of things have transpired since the last entry. I've finally had some time to sit down and write some things. Omitting any pertinent or case related information of course. We finally gathered the coin needed to get guild membership with the help of a loan that we're on our way to paying off quickly! Then we were able to acquire an office! Though it needs plenty of work. Met so many folks. From the Arbiters to the common folk! Miss Penrose has been quite a treat to see running about and doing who knows what. Mrs. Helping hasn't been around in some time. I've grown worried and will be writing a letter to her soon. There's these two sisters. The Fantastic Sisters Brimm! Wonderous duo that. I hope they can get a show going! I'd really enjoy seeing it. Outside of this it's been really great watching the Detective and Miss Fairbrace thrive and grow. They've adapted to this place much faster than me. They've met plenty of allies without my smooth talking to help them along. Which is good. Because my fighting skills are fading quicker with my age.  I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep up. I'm one bad day away from no longer being able to keep them safe. Which is something I can't afford.

On to a more lighter topic. This is titled "Tiny Man." Inspired by a tiny little dwarven gear powered contraption that Miss Svansneffini.

"Tiny man, tiny man. How are you?"
"Tiny man, tiny man. Give me a clue!"
"Tiny man, tiny man. You're made of metal!"
"Tiny man, tiny man. Don't ever settle."
"Tiny man, tiny man. Did you change color?"
"Tiny man, tiny man. You're a bloodbeard brother!!!"
"Tiny man, tiny man. You've got so much strength."
"Tiny man, tiny man. You're about my arm's length."
"Tiny man, tiny man. You move so fast!"
"Tiny man, tiny man. You're such a badass!"

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:56:52 AM by Drink With Me »

Drink With Me

• Fix it with ale.
    • View Profile
on: November 16, 2019, 06:55:47 AM
Well on top of everything that's transpired. There's been some major case developments. Let me tell you reader who's found this journal by one means or another. Except I'm not. Sorry. Anyway I'm sending a letter to Mr. Goric. I'm in need of a bit of training to catch my swordplay up. He proved strong with a blade so seems like the right call. We've done some prospecting and some ring running. A small group going with it. The others seem like well enough folks. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to continue to branch out and make more connections like that.

Here's a slightly larger piece I'm working on and plan on trying to sing while drinking in the Open Door.

“The day has been long, it has be hard.”
Now lets sit and drink at the bar!”
“We talk, laugh and some may cry.”
Though this is what we need when sleep is nigh.”
“A place where we can stay warm, protected and grin!”
“It's the pride of ticker square! The Open Door Inn!!!”
“You'll meet new friends and make them in droves.”
“Some people may even take off their clothes!”
“Relaxation and comfort are at a premium.”
“All topped with a price that is at a medium.”
“A place where we can stay warm, protected and grin.”
“It's the pride of ticker square. The Open Door Inn!!”