Author Topic: An Apprentice's Journal  (Read 395 times)

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: November 09, 2019, 05:04:06 PM

It's fine if he's seeking other apprentices. Ones that are "Worthy" and "Merit" of it. He won't even tell me that he's not going to teach me.

Everything's fine.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:32:44 PM by MAGIC »

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: November 09, 2019, 05:32:24 PM

It's fine if Aethelwine didn't think the position of First Magus was worth defending. If Warrenwatch and those serving him weren't worth fighting for.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

I need to remember why happened before. What happened with the other Masters who were mean or cruel or neglectful. Why is it so hard to remember?

Master Kant said that I am prone to forgetting and that I should write my thoughts down so that I don't forget them. But why can't I find what I've written down?

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: November 10, 2019, 09:32:36 PM

Things are going good!

I mean aside from everyone I knew being dead or gone. Even that ditz Melvin. But  the Tower is happy to see me, the Broom is happy to see me, the teacups are happy to see me too. My new Master didn't try to throw me out (I hate when they do that) or try to kill me (I hate when they do that too). You hafta stay positive, that's what I say! When life gives you planar lemons, you make planar lemonade! And then you take that damn planar lemonade and you sell it to thirsty and desperate travelers! And then you take that money and buy new practice wands and scrolls! Yeah!

I'm going to study the things he tells me to study even though it involves reading a lot of books. I hope that Master Ebersol understands I'm not the fastest reader. Master told me that he's going to teach me how to control two magic missiles at once if I prove myself worthy! I'm so excited!

I don't know about this House business though. I must admit that has me a little worried. And I don't think I'm the only one.

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: November 10, 2019, 10:38:55 PM

Apprentice Marcille's Wizard Warren Wares
Warren Wares is for the Wise!

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: November 11, 2019, 05:47:40 PM

I need to be careful. The other Magi are coming after the First Magus. I saw all the towers light up. The First Magus doesn't know the significance of that but I do.

I'm scared. I don't know what I should do. I don't think anything like this has ever happened before, has it? I hope they don't hurt Warrenwatch. Can I trick them into fighting somewhere else? I dont want to see her hurt again.

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: Today at 02:10:33 PM

I wasn't smart enough to figure it out. I had all the pieces, all the clues. But I couldn't put it together.

I had to be led to the answer like a horse to water. I've never seen a horse, but Mistress [Unintelligble] was always fond of that phrase. I miss her.

I'll have to find another way to prove myself. And I still need to go back to Ring 99 and do all those things that the First Magus commanded me to do.  I need to visit Alice's Bookshop again and the Royal Archivist's Tower. I'm glad he didn't tell me to go to the Cheese Forge. They'd rough me up.

I saw Aethelwine. Still hurts. I barely remember why. I should write this stuff down. Master [unintelligible] says I'm prone to forgetting certain kinds of details. Future Marcille, remember to write things down!

I'll be back together with Warrenwatch soon. I just have to prove myself. I was so close! I need to figure out what to do with all this fighting. I know I'm just an apprentice and I can't do anything, and the smartest thing to do would just be to keep my head down and focus on my tasks - but all the blood and spellfire in Warrenwatch really has me freaked out. And it's so hard to clean.

Think positive, Marcille! Chin up! I'll solve the next Ring on my own! I'll find something worthwhile and then Master will have to teach me the secret!