Author Topic: Letters to Magus Silver  (Read 109 times)

Jello!

• View Profile
on: November 07, 2019, 01:14:44 AM
Dear Aethelwine Silver,

First of all, I apologize for using your full name rather then your well-earned title, but I find that it is simply more pleasant to write in familiar tone rather then a dull formal one. Anyways, I have read pretty much all of your books and while I enjoyed them, I do not think they can substitute for in-person conversation. Thus, whenever you have the time, I would deeply appreciate a conversation with you.

Sincerely,
An eager novice

Aethereal

• View Profile
on: November 07, 2019, 06:41:39 AM
[A scroll is delivered by apprentice, marked for: The eager novice who writes with delightfully purple ink.]

Dear Eager Novice,

I cannot help but begin my own letter with commentary upon your decision to write to me by name, which was quite beautifully audacious given that you suggest it sets a more pleasant and familiar tone, yet at the same time you deny me your own name thus reversing your intent - is that not amusing? We call that contradiction of intent an example of cognitive dissonance, a tiny little fallacy - subconsciously or consciously - derived from within our own minds that causes a rift between reality and our perspective or understanding of it. I find that to be a truly delightful revelation to share with you if you are, as you say, an eager novice!

But here's the rub of it all: this is the very thing we who are Initiated into the Secrets of the Art have the power to undo by making reality bend to our will even if a fallacy is our foundation and that, my dear eager novice, is an extremely dangerous thing. I'm so glad you wrote to me, giving me the opportunity to present to you an example of my own work in action.

I myself have undergone recent epiphany exploring my own cognitive dissonance, so I must state that I do not intend to criticise you. Rather, this is a warning to us all, in a Realm where the wizard has a reputation of going mad, that we must reflect, meditate and ever seek that which rests upon a pedestal beyond us: wisdom. For it is our salvation and in extending ourselves towards it we shall realise the Ultimate Truth.

Don't write to me your name, come find me and introduce yourself to me in person. I look forward to our meeting.

Under the auspices of the King,

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:59:19 AM by Aethereal »
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

Jello!

• View Profile
on: November 11, 2019, 01:16:19 AM

Dear Aethelwine Silver,

It would seem we are both having terrible luck in bumping into each other, thus in order to help our meeting along, I shall give my name. I must once again apologize for not doing such in the first place, but I am afraid that if my messages are intercepted, I may lose some chances to learn about certain groups. However, it would be a great pity if we never did speak, so I will take that chance.

Sincerely,
Diviner Elia Rytte

Aethereal

• View Profile
on: November 11, 2019, 06:37:43 AM
[Received.]
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof