Varga Myskada/Cedric Fulmar

Started by Blue41, December 13, 2019, 12:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue41

2 for 1 because I was lazy/held off on Varga's for OOC spoilers.

Varga Myskada was given to the Ziggurats of Sza'kul as tribute, a whelp of a child offered to avoid invoking the wrath of the Lizardfolk. The harsh life of a slave in the pens was one that would've killed lesser men, but he soon discovered a form of meditation that allowed the pain of the lash, the hunger in his belly and trauma of his existence to recede somewhat. His code revolved around the concept of debts, oaths and obtaining strength at any cost--because only the strong survived in the cage. Koitcho Satchi taught him to read, and as knowledge is power, and power does not come without a cost, was owed protection. Beyond that, Varga felt no particular love or kinship for his fellow former slaves.

He attacked two of his own for the shards of the Eye of the Serpent and conspired for a third to deliver to Ib'javi, in a misguided but ultimately doomed attempt to give Ticker Square the strength to survive the coming lizardfolk invasion. He joined the Butchers fairly early on and was probably the most fun I've had with a Ticker concept so far, whether it was clashing with Stonebuilders, Bloodbears, Peers, his former slaves...

Then he died in a Feast to a 7 roll and the Butchers faction died overnight and all that conflict dried up. But it was fun while it lasted!

Normally I'd slot these pic thematically through this post but I hate these boards because they resist that somehow, so here's some screenshots.

Slave

Cedric Fulmar was a formerly scummy dude from Luskan who remembered just enough of his old life in the city of Rings to know that he wanted to live a life of virtue. After visiting and speaking with various associations and faction, he landed on the Hundred Scrolls and dedicated his life to keeping the city safe, and bringing order to the chaos. He clashed with cultists, wizards, planetouched, necromancers, bandits, on and on. It was fairly lonely, though the faction and lore was great and my fellow Arbiters as well. All in all, an enjoyable experience but not one I'd repeat for a while.

Arbiter

Random_White_Guy

Though cut short by situation the tension between Ebersol and Fulmar in our meetings and that classic "Sitting across from each other at the table verbally sparring and arguing rhetoric" and the letters, and etc was so A++.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Stranger

Two more strong characters from an already mind-bogglingly great player.

If anything, I wish we had more time together in these squads, because even if my career as an Arbiter was an unhappy one, the conversations with Cedric were excellent. Every time. There was a consistent, nuanced, and inimitable humanity in him. But that's true of all your writing, isn't it?

spice mage

The theme here is: Law Enforcement :D

I really liked Varga in my few interactions with him! I felt like he was a great intimidating presence in the Butchers who stirred Ticker up in all the ways I wanted to see!

Cedric excited me, because as someone playing a wizard, you always want to see Arbiters going with the anti-wizard angle, and not only did he bring it, but it was also handled in a way that was really intriguing and nuanced. Very cool Arbiter!

Cat

I wish I had been able to interact more with Cedric, but sadly things sort of fell through. But, I did enjoy the interactions we had.