Author Topic: The Arbiters of the Hundred Scrolls  (Read 157 times)

spice mage

• View Profile
on: January 14, 2020, 08:29:13 PM
Dear Arbiters,

I don't often write you, because while I agree with the scrolls typically, I find your organization to be utterly useless at enforcing them. However, as a wizard and resident of the Wizard Warrens, I hoped to bring something to your attention.

Quote from: The Not so Ignorant Apprentice
City Sending by Marcille Riley : I shall also be conducting some experiments in abjurative circle arrays in the courtyard. This will involve a lot of magic missiles so don`t be alarmed.

Ambient Message: The very foundations of `Ring 93 - The Wizard Warrens ` rumble as otherworldly energies coalesce!

City Sending by Marcille Riley : Ello! This is Marcille, Apprentice to Master Silver. Warrenwatch has need of a capable warrior to help uhm, evict an unwanted visitor. `Tis a dangerous insect-like humanoid creature called a Mezelloth.

City Sending by Marcille Riley : Ello! Thisís Marcille, Apprentice to the Royal Wizard of the Court, Master Silver. I am pleased... excited... excited and pleased to announce that a seam to the Grand Fissure has stabilized in the Warrens!

City Sending by Marcille Riley : I am also interested in plundering the depths of the Earth Seam for objects and essences useful to me in my magics! I have secured and stabilized the seam with my um, abjurative arts and I just need some uh, brave and capable people.

City Sending by Marcille Riley : Hello. This is Tower Apprentice Marcille! Through um, the theories of abjural anchoring and reinforcement I was able to stabilize an unstable seam. I see uh, strong men and women... well, any people of um, unspecific genders really... to aid me in uh, exploring and plundering the earthen rifts for resources and knowledge!

City Sending by Marcille Riley : Hello! This is Apprentice Marcille speaking! Iíd like to say that uhm, thanks to my uh, reality stabilization research I have been able to temporarily stabilize uhm, a dangerous seam and make it safe for transit!

City Sending by Marcille Riley : The Royal Court Wizard condemns the reckless tampering of reality that is associated with the opening of seams. I uh, urge all workers of the arte to work with me instead on my reality stabilization research. I guess thatís all.

Now, assuming you have some learned members among you, I should hope that they can understand that Marcille Riley is likely opening seams and certainly working to "stabilize" them by her own admission, which in this case clearly means preventing them from naturally dissipating as they are wont to do.

I don't believe you should take her tongue, as I don't believe she's motivated by any desire to undermine or destroy the City. I similarly don't believe that she's ever been told before not to do these things. Additionally, I seriously doubt that she thinks your organization is incapable of enforcing its own scrolls, or that she's untouchable in the Warrens or the Tower of Warrenwatch.

However, I'm no Arbiter, so I leave what you do with this information in your hands, even if they've historically proven less than capable.

Sincerely,

Coriander Penrose

Arc

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: January 14, 2020, 09:12:15 PM
Miss Penrose.

Your history of bickering, hair pulling, and shouting with Marcille is well known. The Arbiters of the Hundred Scrolls have neither time, nor patience, to get involved in your puerile conflict. While the idea of taking both of your tongues out to spare the entire city your constant bickering and squabbling is perhaps individually appealing, at the moment, the Arbiters of the Hundred scrolls do not consider cattishness a violation of the scrolls.

Any standing concerns about Marcille are internal matters of the Cube, and those we choose to involve, and will be dealt with in such way as is deemed fit by the Arbiters assigned.

Obey, and be whole
Arbiter Ashenforge