Remove helmet restrictions on the Doublesoldier Set

Started by Poolson, February 03, 2020, 11:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poolson

What?: Remove the helmet restrictions on the Doublesoldier Set.

Why?:

Thematically? I think it's super neat concept, to have a wide brimmed dandy-boy hat that can be fit over the top of a helmet. It's a really cool aesthetic that we can actually see the Landsknecht use in our history, where, at times, they'd wear their hats over a chain coif, or a burgonet helmet without the top comb.

Ugh. Just ugh. It's so dang beautiful.

Mechanically? The Doublesoldier set isn't all that and a bag of chips, in comparison to what's on the frequent loot table. +2 taunt and +1 AC on a chainshirt's pretty cool, and +1 will, +1 deflect and +2 vs fear on the hat is handy, but you can find armor/cloaks that offer similar (if not the same) values, without being set dependent, and can wear them with helmets. Removing this little hang-up to let this armor play with the other outfits available would be grand.

How: It appears the cloak aspect of the set is what strips the helmet. If that's removed, then it's all good to go!

Vlaid

There are other "fancy hat" options out there but we don't want everyone wearing them.

If you don't like the set you have other options.

Dredi

As a slight aside, for a "Disable item slot" item + item set, that stat lineup doesnt sound great on paper for whats basically taking 3 slots.

But I dont really know how easily these items are located.

Richørd

There are quite a few sets out there that are quite a mystery. Like multiple parts of the same set having a +1 deflection AC modifier.

That's stuff you'll just have to take and move on with.

Poolson

Quote from: Vlaid on February 03, 2020, 09:02:53 PM
There are other "fancy hat" options out there but we don't want everyone wearing them.

If you don't like the set you have other options.

I suppose I should clarify; I'm not asking the hat to be worn separately. I'm asking for the hat (cloak space) to no longer disable the usage of wearing a helmet.

Iconoclast

So you want to wear a hat on top of your helmet?

"Do you know who I am? I'm Johnny Two Hats"

Do you know why nobody has worn two hats before? Because its freakish. You would look like an idiot.

Richørd

There is a Peerage PC who wears a hat on top of his helmet and he looks SUPER FLY. Keep an eye out for the man with a rapier and a shield.

Bio

it's only certain hats the disable the helmet slot
i am a god

Poolson

Quote from: Iconoclast on February 23, 2020, 09:03:04 PM
So you want to wear a hat on top of your helmet?

"Do you know who I am? I'm Johnny Two Hats"

Do you know why nobody has worn two hats before? Because its freakish. You would look like an idiot.

Hey, man. If it was good enough for the Landsknecht who wore helmets and their iconic hats atop their helmets & coifs, it's good enough for me.

It looks kickass.