More low level content

Started by Knight Of Pentacles, February 10, 2020, 02:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight Of Pentacles

More low level content.  Minimum two on most 7 or less capped quests.  Make Opera quest more rewarding in terms of XP.  Less randomized level <7 content. 

My rationale being 90% of players outgrow this content and it doesn't have to be balanced as neatly as higher leveled content.  Thanks for reading.

Hierophant

I would like to agree with this but also no, as it's already very easy to get to lvl 7 in a couple days as long as you don't die down and you do your solos (lvl 6 solos in Peerage) and at least a few bigger XP quests to make it go by faster like the Pond quests, 97, the Opera, Darkskull, etc.
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

Jello!

So, I may be the only person who feels this way, but I think the best way to make low-level content better is by making harder to get through levels 1-5. As it stands, most pcs can and will solo the low-content quests until they reach six. This, in my experience, takes about one or two resets and will net pc's quick gold, potions, useable items; I feel that this makes the road to level 6 less meaningful and takes away from early character development as low level pcs.

So what am I suggesting?  Honestly, I think some of the lower quests that allow pcs to do it by themselves should have maybe a little less XP to give, while Opera house and some of the other 1-6 level quests should be a little harder but also yield players who formed the groups to do them good loot. I feel like a lot of my characters in efu:M and efu:R only felt more fun to me because they had those friendships that formed during these early 1-6 quests that made players team up to tackle them.

That said, I could be wrong. I could be the only player who thinks this. This is only my opinion after all.

Richørd

Low level questing is fine in my opinion.

rats back on the menu

Getting through low levels is meant to be fast so that pcs maintain an average level.  The addition of more content just speeds up a really arduous, unfun crawl to a decent level where one's pc can interact meaningfully with the setting.   As it is it's actually better to level slow and remain under level 7 until one gets a decent stockpile but not everyone really wants to be bothered with that.   

Knight Of Pentacles

Anotherthing is how RNG of lowbie quests can be really discouraging.  I think rng makes sense for the upper level content to prevent people from gamifying every quest, but for lowbie content it's so short and simple I don't even see the point. 

Halfbrood

I've recently added a level 2-6 quest, and will be working on more 'mid range' content over the next week or so, with a variety of in-quest randomisation options, to keep things fresh.

Dillusionist

Halfbrood's 2-6 definitely scratches this itch!

best quest in EFU. you have my guarantee.