Author Topic: More low level content  (Read 494 times)

Knight Of Pentacles

• View Profile
on: February 10, 2020, 02:52:03 AM
More low level content.  Minimum two on most 7 or less capped quests.  Make Opera quest more rewarding in terms of XP.  Less randomized level <7 content. 

My rationale being 90% of players outgrow this content and it doesn't have to be balanced as neatly as higher leveled content.  Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:57:09 PM by Knight Of Pentacles »

Hierophant

• You're a Wizard, Alfie
    • View Profile
on: February 11, 2020, 09:26:45 PM
I would like to agree with this but also no, as it's already very easy to get to lvl 7 in a couple days as long as you don't die down and you do your solos (lvl 6 solos in Peerage) and at least a few bigger XP quests to make it go by faster like the Pond quests, 97, the Opera, Darkskull, etc.

Jello!

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2020, 03:47:40 AM
So, I may be the only person who feels this way, but I think the best way to make low-level content better is by making harder to get through levels 1-5. As it stands, most pcs can and will solo the low-content quests until they reach six. This, in my experience, takes about one or two resets and will net pc's quick gold, potions, useable items; I feel that this makes the road to level 6 less meaningful and takes away from early character development as low level pcs.

So what am I suggesting?  Honestly, I think some of the lower quests that allow pcs to do it by themselves should have maybe a little less XP to give, while Opera house and some of the other 1-6 level quests should be a little harder but also yield players who formed the groups to do them good loot. I feel like a lot of my characters in efu:M and efu:R only felt more fun to me because they had those friendships that formed during these early 1-6 quests that made players team up to tackle them.

That said, I could be wrong. I could be the only player who thinks this. This is only my opinion after all.

RichÝrd

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2020, 05:06:06 PM
Low level questing is fine in my opinion.

rats back on the menu

• View Profile
on: February 16, 2020, 06:28:49 AM
Getting through low levels is meant to be fast so that pcs maintain an average level.  The addition of more content just speeds up a really arduous, unfun crawl to a decent level where oneís pc can interact meaningfully with the setting.   As it is itís actually better to level slow and remain under level 7 until one gets a decent stockpile but not everyone really wants to be bothered with that.   

Knight Of Pentacles

• View Profile
on: February 20, 2020, 04:10:40 AM
Anotherthing is how RNG of lowbie quests can be really discouraging.  I think rng makes sense for the upper level content to prevent people from gamifying every quest, but for lowbie content it's so short and simple I don't even see the point. 

Halfbrood

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: February 20, 2020, 05:49:28 PM
I've recently added a level 2-6 quest, and will be working on more 'mid range' content over the next week or so, with a variety of in-quest randomisation options, to keep things fresh.

Dillusionist

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: February 20, 2020, 06:10:02 PM
Halfbrood's 2-6 definitely scratches this itch!

best quest in EFU. you have my guarantee.