Author Topic: [Letter] Royal Court Magus Aethelwine Silver  (Read 257 times)

One_With_Nature

• View Profile
on: February 10, 2020, 12:55:22 PM
Salutations Royal Court Magus Silver,

You may recall we have already had the pleasure of meeting upon the peak of the Silverspike. I have arrived now in your domain and now set roots to make this place my home. I have established a number of fruitful relationships with those who share my interests in the rings, those who are driven to discover their many mysteries. I write to you today as ambition demands to challenge you for your position as Royal Court Magus. Know I do not make this challenge lightly. I have read much of your publish works and hold you in the highest regard, but I must pursue my ambitions I know that I am the one who will see the warrens elevated to the domain it deserves to be.

Trial by combat is a practice well known to me and so I accept your terms should you wish to accept this method of resolution. Know though that should you not wish to participate in this trial, I would be willing to discuss other terms with you. My challenge is for your position as Royal Court Magus and for the apprenticeship of Marcille.

I am currently dwelling in Towertop and duly await your response.

Thunzi Un'zahi, Magus of the Shade

Aethereal

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2020, 10:00:53 PM
This Writ of the Wizard Warrens is issued to:

Thunzi Un'zahi,
Magus of the Shade,

Dear Thunzi,

Under Royal Mandate, your challenge has been heard and recognised. Know that as per writ - which you have stated full awareness of - this challenge does have another requirement for the challenger to fulfill, as the position of the First Magus is one of both responsibility and accomplishment:

Furthermore to qualify for even making a challenge for the position of Royal Court Wizard demands the challenging magus to have earned their access to Warrenwatch in the Wizard Warrens, the 93rd Ring of the City and to have already contributed positively to the arcane and scholarly community of the Realm.

You see, the Wizard Warrens has its own population and there are many citizens within my demesne whom you must also impress - after all, we are a community of the Initiated. As it so happens, I am indeed the foremost representative of this community and regardless of this specific title, which is open to contest, I have vested interests in what is to become of my home.

Not to cause any offence, but it is only by act of issuing your challenge that you have at all come into the awareness of the Magi of the Wizard Warrens. At the very minimum, you are cordially invited to share words with me within Warrenwatch. There are things we must share, regardless of how matters proceed including these ambitions you have stated.

I shall make the time.

Under the auspices of the King,

True Magus
Royal Court Wizard
Royal Castigator of the Realm
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

One_With_Nature

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2020, 11:21:50 PM
Dear Aethelwine Silver,

I would be glad to meet with you to discuss matters in person, however given the vague wording of the criteria and the nature of my work I am not satisfied this condition shall ever be met. The lack of community is one of the reasons I seek the serve in the capacity of Royal Court Magus among many other reasons which may be better discussed in person. My challenge stands, I leave the nature of the challenge in your hands. The King has made the edicts of his kingdom quite clear for all to interpret.

We may meet and speak as civilized men and discuss this, but my challenge will be met.

Thunzi Un'zahi, Magus of the Shade

Aethereal

• View Profile
on: February 14, 2020, 01:44:30 AM
[The letter is received, with Henriette stating so when she is next visited at Towertop. No further written correspondence arrives, suggesting the meeting is soon to be due.]

// I'm busy most of this weekend but I will be around later on Sunday, then Monday for the IG meeting.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.