WF Improvised

Started by Bio, March 12, 2020, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio

Add wf for oars, shovels, books, other holdables that could be considered "improvised weapons", it to monk for extra goodness

opens up stuff for weird fighter/rogue perks or barb furor.
i am a god

SunrypeSlim

Agreed entirely. If it doesn't apply to "Cigarettes", that's fine. But a WF: for oars, shovels, rakes, and the like would be super swell.

Also, can we get a giant pipe and battle ladders?
PM me for an apology! :3

Random_White_Guy

Make ladder a two handed weapon so Bio can live his Jackie Chan Monk Fanfiction.

A+ suggestion for improvised weapons. Could totally see Vagabond also getting a perk boost for it.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

KaedweniKnight

Mushroom Mushroom

The next dev update will update the itemsbase.2da to allow for this I believe.

Ernesto

Not less than a week ago, we had a DM monologue about how the server is meant to be serious. Do we really need people fighting with ladders and rakes instead of swords and axes? It fun once or twice, then it gets silly :P

Richørd

Quote from: Ernesto on March 12, 2020, 09:47:09 PM
Not less than a week ago, we had a DM monologue about how the server is meant to be serious. Do we really need people fighting with ladders and rakes instead of swords and axes? It fun once or twice, then it gets silly :P

I don't think allowing people to go for whacky builds would result in the server being silly.

We can start calling the server silly once EfU goes for epic levels, everyone having RDD wings and playing muscle waifus in scandalous clothing.

Ernesto

Strongly disagree, I would rather not have this server turn into a joke. If Aragorn fought with a broom and Eddard Stark fought with a paddle, I wouldn't have been able to watch LotR/GoT.

Richørd

Quote from: Ernesto on March 12, 2020, 10:53:15 PM
Strongly disagree, I would rather not have this server turn into a joke. If Aragorn fought with a broom and Eddard Stark fought with a paddle, I wouldn't have been able to watch LotR/GoT.

Improvisation and diverse fighting styles and techniques are always cool.
You even bring up GoT, a show that had tons of kills and fighting that was done with improvised/ineffective weapons. Wasn't there a swordsguy who trained Aria Stark, the same guy who then proceeded to beat up a bunch of Kingsguard with a blunt, wooden sword? He could have done the same with the leg of a chair.

That is why improvised weapons have that name. Improvised. They are supposed to be out of the ordinary, silly at times.
Wouldn't a drunken monk type of character that RPd breaking a chair down to use the legs as improvised clubs not be cool? What about the rogue type of PC that breaks a bottle in half to shank a guy? And why not have someone stab another character in the eye or the neck with the thin end of a pipe?

Improv. weapons are cool and deserve a place with all the holdable objects we already have on EfU, definitely.

Decimate_The_Weak

I mean, the fact that these are equippable and have damage die is enough to cover most of these scenarios.

It does become tacky and undesirable in my opinion if we start getting characters who specialize in say, fighting with a  pipe.

There are some instances where I don't think it cheapens a concept; the broom mage, for example, or a paladin of the book who wields a holy text in combat, etc.

Though, someone specifically training to fight with an oar seems silly. Now, if your group was captured by lizardfolk, had their gear taken, and found makeshift weapons as a means to escape? Yeah, bring that type of RP on.

Bio

I don't think improvised focus would make the server a joke lmao it's a feat in some systems already there gamers.

youre thinking too closed-minded, when we've had multiple pcs use "improvised" weaponry and none of them were jokes

a raging barb who just uses whatever he can grab nearby shit like that
i am a god