Mairead GLITT GLITT GLITT

Started by Wench, March 31, 2020, 03:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wench

Mairead's story is finally finished!

I want to start by saying a huge thank you to the DM team, without them putting up with me or my stupid ideas I wouldn't have gotten near as far as I did. A big special thanks to Abala and Dillutionist for the events and keeping me motivated.

I don't have too much to say, and unfortunately, all my screenshots are on another PC, but I figured I would put this up now with some L00T pics and update later when I'm home and have sifted through all the screenshots.

Before this PC I was very much a "2 months is 2 long to be alive" kind of player, I would app for things then get bored or get the concept ADD and look for a way out. with Mairead I made a strict promise to myself that this would be long term and I would finish what I started. I was not expecting at all to last as long as I did. When I wrote the app for her I hadn't even seen the peerage yet, had no clue what the lore was on Glitt or any of the houses, I basically went in blind and she evolved from what was originally a CE concept, to ending it at CG. It was a ton of fun to have her grow and change as a character, an experience I definitely wasn't used to.

Her personality was pretty much based on any 90s cartoon bully or bratty character, I think the most fun I had was writing her original journal entries, I would just think of the most over the top thing to say, like cartoon levels of over the top, and let it come out. I think probably the best thing that came out of playing Mairead was I thrown into RP scenarios that required me to actually break my typical light-hearted mold and write on a more personal, or serious level. I've always considered my writing very subpar compared to the rest of the players here so it was nice to see myself change as a writer over time.

I had a ton of fun with a bunch of different PCs over these past, god, 8 months or so? Some that come to mind is Geno, Aunt Joe, Grayson, Agamast, Shan, Mery, Marcille, Aethelwine, Paps, Quarterdragon, Lance, Mariah, Maxwell, Vereta, Laster, Vlad, Sargon, Adrian, Drusilla, honestly, there is too much to list, it was so much fun to interact with so many generations of PCs.

I want to take a short moment to say I would not have been able to continue playing without Geno, Nazey is such a great player and when I was ready to throw in the towel, which happened so many times, he was always able to pull me back in. Great paladin, great friend.

Thanks for the fun EFU!

[Hide=Loot]

[/hide]

I'm a huge sucker for gifts IG and try saving everything.
[Hide=Gifts]

I believe this was my first gift, from Agamast

One of the funnier little plots going on was Norbert trying to marry Mairead, so Retainers were always flooding her with gifts. However, this was the best one by far.

The courting gifts became such a problem that I had to app for a bag of holding to keep it all in.... Sorry, I can't throw them away!

:( :( :( :(

[/hide]

I used to collect all the ale I came across IG, some vanished but this is what I ended with!
[Hide=Ale Collection]

Some of the first ales Boar Noblestout crafted! I always kept them.

Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

goate

Pretty fucking sweet PC Wanch.  I really enjoyed  the few interactions I had with  the princess of party.

Cat

If only you had been my stepmom... But so very well done my friend. I adored every moment we had together.

Poolson

A dear friend, to the end. A swordsman and a preacher await the end of her days, to cross that rainbow bridge together and into paradise, where they will laugh, play and dance in eternal peace.

Mairead kicked ass and I'm proud you stuck through it to the end. Good hustle, buddy.

Nazey

MILADY!

It was a fantastic run.  Glitt always had this tragedy underneath all of the comedy, and I think you were able to portray that quite well in a lot of the quieter moments.  I'll miss the Geno/Mairead duo but I'm glad we were able to give them a complete arc.

Can't wait to see your next!

wundyboy

ive waited for months to this to happen so i could shit post on it

cool pc wench, amazing you stuck it out

pray you never do it again

because the next time it'll last for more than eight months

it'll last for ten years

he he

CorstoTerrore

I'll always remember it fondly.

"Grayson, get your ASS over here".

I got into the wagon really late, my earlier PCs didn't really interact. One died before Mairead's appearance, I think, and the other was in Ticker. But, I got to see stuff up close at the end. The rag-tag group of Geno, Grayson and Mairead was fun to do the few times we managed it.

RedMoney

I didn't get to roll with Mairead as much as I wanted to, but when I did it was awesome!! I am excited that I have a Peer that can join Glitt and continue on the story you created to restore Glitt to glory.  I'm sorry Karen got FD'd before I could help you Q_Q;

Awesome PC.

GLITT GLITT GLITT

Scrappa-yeti

As good as everyone is saying she was.

Dillusionist

So glad you kept Mairead going as long as you did. Watching the character grow from kind of stumbling around the Peerage, drunk, into her happy ending was a pleasure. And its just cool to see people willing to have their characters changed by events and interactions, rather than sticking to some preformed notion of how a story ought to go. Just my opinion but I think that's what makes a person a really great writer and roleplayer is when they let their characters be affected by stuff, rather than go in thinking they are going to change the server.

Blue41

I think the first time you really impressed me with Mairead was when we had the idea to try and raid the Groundskeeper's Hut to turn into a Glitt lakehouse or something. We went over there, wizard, sorcerer, cleric, and I figure with the three of us, we can probably handle it- only the first thing Mairead did was scream bloody murder, run around the room and be entirely useless for the entire encounter- because she was still a drunk at that point and what did I expect?

Glad I got to see her start and ending. Helps make up for missing everything in between.

Random_White_Guy

Usually I hate family related PCs to factions but you inhabited everything about what it meant to be a Glitt PC.

Then gave it your all to redefine what it meant to be a Glitt PC.

o7
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Richørd

Damn good PC,
literally contributed tons to one of the few "good endings" to plotlines I have witnessed on EfU so far.

Good job.

Mushroom Mushroom

SHUT UP, SOMEONE IMPORTANT IS TALKING-

Were my favorite whispers.

A+

Loops

I somehow barely ever got to play with you. I loved watching you slowly grow Mairead and get that big win though. Look forward to meeting your next!