Draft Group Tournament: Gladiatorial Games in the Outer Rings

Started by whyemmdee, May 08, 2020, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyemmdee

You can now begin signing up for the games (again) here.

Most of the rules will remain the same as mentioned earlier on in the thread; i.e. extra modifiers for extra rewards, amount of teams are dependent on amount of signups. It is more than likely we'll have these games run over the entirety of the length of February and perhaps even into March, depending on interest, success and how many bugs I want to squash.

Signing up as a captain will be prestigious and will net you extra rewards but be warned that you'll also be somewhat responsible in wrangling your teammates and trying to schedule things, so no mayfly characters. Pickings will be completely IC, so keep that in mind if you choose to captain up.

Draft sign up sheet closes January 22nd, published pricing list will be January 23rd and then we'll do public pickings that Sunday on the 24th.

I encourage anyone currently playing actively on EFU to just simply sign up; there is little risk of losing anything other than XP unless you go for the extra permadeath modifier. For those squeamish about combat, there will be ways to defeat challenges that don't rely too much on straight up fights as well.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Looks like there's enough to hold a full-fledged tournament across the month of February. Looking to form around a minimum of about 6 teams of 5 players each.

Tell your friends
tchundere

whyemmdee

Make sure to remove your character if you do not wish to partake
tchundere

whyemmdee

Official sign ups are now closed. Draft price list is up.

Prices need tweaking as I need to set the purse, but the list is more or less in the correct order. Looks like there's 37 sign ups, I would like 6 groups of 5 teams each, meaning there'll be 7 players left over. Captains that have signed up and wish to confirm their captaincy should send me a message on the forums so I can do a proper headcount.

There is also an extra sheet for late signups, here. Characters not picked and late signups will be put into a pool. Captains will be able to exchange characters/pick up new characters depending on the remaining size of their purse.

The games will be done via a tournament format: victories will earn you points, as will taking on extra challenges and so on. Captains and their teams will be competing against one another for a special prize. Expect a more comprehensive writeup for rules sometime over the course of next week.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Players should sign up ASAP with any new characters  here. Drafting got a bit delayed, but  should happen within the week and we can start this tournament soon. More to follow.
tchundere

whyemmdee

First set of gladiatorial games is on Sunday, set up starting about 5-6 PM GMT and starting around 7 PM at the latest. We'll start off with 8 (out of 52) challenges, more details in the runup to the event.
tchundere

whyemmdee

14th of March are the next set of games. Should be a lot less lag and a lot more expediency this time around, hoping to get a minimum of 8 games out of the way.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Make sure to sign up for upcoming Sunday here if you would like a chance to participate. Start is about 6 PM GMT, runtime about 4 hrs (same as last time). You can sign up as a free agent here, if you're interested in becoming a captain you should also mention that in the OOC comment and I'll reach out to you.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Next games are next Saturday or Sunday depending on captain availability.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Upcoming Sunday again at around 6PM GMT or depending on captain availability.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Next set of games should be during the weekend of the 8th/9th of May.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Weekend of the upcoming 19th/20th is the next round of games.

Make sure to sign up here.
tchundere

whyemmdee

tchundere

whyemmdee

The next series of games will be (tentatively) held the weekend of July 10/11.

I will likely do a short stint of a game or 2 for any (new) team that hasn't been able to do many games so far leading up to that date so they have an equal chance at earning some extra points.

EDIT: Can't make it, delayed.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Upcoming Tuesday, starting anywhere between 6 to 8 PM GMT.

Make sure to sign up here!
tchundere