[CASTING CALL] New Voicesets

Started by Hound, June 05, 2020, 12:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Hello all,

I've had some success producing my own custom voicesets - I've made 3 full player voicesets (which you can find here if interested: https://youtu.be/d2uBRnj4fX0 )

Following on from this, I decided it would probably be a good idea to expand on this and see if I can make it a bit more comprehensive. As such, I'm opening up auditions for other people to contribute to a larger custom voicepack (brand name pending).

Here are the requirements:

- DYNAMIC OR CONDENSER MICROPHONE. No headset mics please. You're looking at a Blue Yeti or better. I personally used a Shure SM7B for my recordings https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shure-Professional-Microphone-Broadcast-Optimized/dp/B007A3W6B6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=shure+sm7b&qid=1591358706&sr=8-1

- GOOD BACKGROUND NOISE FLOOR. You should have minimum interference from sound in the background of your recording.

- LOW TO MINIMAL ECHO/REVERB. You can put blankets or cloth padding on your walls/table to help with this issue.

- ACTING SKILLS. Obviously I'm not expecting anyone to be trained, but I ask that people please deliver their lines with some vim and vigour.

If you're interested in taking part, I've included a few sample script lines below for you to have a crack at. Send me your samples on discord. Please save them in a .wav format.

SCRIPT 1: ARISTOCRAT (Male)

Battlecry: "An error in your judgment!"

Attack: "Bring a storm upon them!"

Hello: "Well-met, fellow."

Cheer: "We are victorious!"

Curse: "How insufferable!"

SCRIPT 2: MERCENARY (Female)

Battlecry: "Heads are gonna roll!"

Attack: "Time to get paid, come on!"

Hello: "How's it goin'?"

Cheer: "Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!"

Curse: "Damnit!"