Luther Dawson The Weather Man

Started by Drink With Me, June 05, 2020, 12:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drink With Me

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I'd a lot of fun with this character and the first two months were a lot of fun. Weather Predictions based purely on random guesses and getting involved with a few plots here and there. Some probably will not agree with the choice I made for this character to be finished and believe me I get it. It's way to soon. I've just been pulling a lot of overtime recently and have been missing out on so much that I know my character would've been apart of. About the only things I could do is log on. Predict the weather. Spread a rumor about the Copper Torc and then log off and get ready for bed or something. It was a joy to write the two articles that I did get to do for the rumor mill but I felt dying for a cause, even if it failed. Was a good end for my character. I could've sat around and been distant until my work subsides some but then I'd feel like a waste of good rp that could've happened during that.  Again this was not a FD forced on me. This was a way to retire. His death was due to the circumstances of the event.  Think less death by person and more death by way of the rings.

All in all. The character was really a joke from the beginning but he developed into being a kind, gentle and optimistic light for a few folks. I enjoyed all the folks I rp'd with on him. I personally won't be playing for awhile. Until work settles down and this was something I felt was right.

Here's a few screenshots. I had one of the group that I got through the ninety five with but for whatever reason. I can not find that screenshot but shout out to the folks that got there with me.

Here's his awakening.
[hide][/hide]

Here's his greatest accomplishment.
[hide] Yep. He was the officiant to the great Danebluffs. Got em married on up.[/hide]

My only DM loot.
[hide]
[/hide]

My last hurrah.
[hide][/hide]
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

Random_White_Guy

Thoroughly enjoyable to run around with him on Bel. That fun mix of spark and optimism and I loved the Weather Reports. Little tiny RP details like that which help flesh out the world is just good fun.

o7
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Red Moon

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubilation!

Aethereal

Awww. Luther was such a great pen pal, that thread of exchanges between him and Aethelwine portrayed such a lovely evolution over time. I was really looking forward to them finally meeting vis-a-vis (my thought was probably at the Madame DuRange's Mysterious Theatre), but it looks like mutual RL commitments and this end result prevented that from ever happening. Still, I'm glad to see you concluded the character in a meaningful way on your own terms and hope to find out what happened IG sometime.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

SergeantWombat

I didn't get to interact with him directly much (maybe ever?), but I agree with RwG! I appreciate the flourishes put into the PC's public persona, which I enjoyed following loosely from afar.