Prestige betting in bridge duels

Started by Paintman, June 16, 2020, 03:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paintman

Dueling on the bridge having a /c command where you bid prestige points against your enemy would be cool. Like a /c duello 150. The guy across the bridge does the same. You both get a ping saying the prestige is on the line. Then you fight and who ever wins gains and the loser takes the hit. If it is above one thousand gambled prestige in the duel. The archivists make a whisper and the fight starts in ten minutes to get observers.

Richørd

... or this whole lot of work can be avoided by the players simply putting prestigious items on the line.

"You and I both shall bet feastibles from the Royal Court on the line!"

Sem

the command works better in a thematic sense than just two retainers who trading shit bits and broken trophies. It can be used to represent an actual loss and gain of reputation in the ward by virtue of the duel.

Tuxedo Flask

Really great idea, and I agree with Sem.

Fuzz

Quote from: Sem on June 16, 2020, 06:42:44 PM
the command works better in a thematic sense than just two retainers who trading shit bits and broken trophies. It can be used to represent an actual loss and gain of reputation in the ward by virtue of the duel.

This and prestigious items don't last very long in Retainer inventories, they get turned in for points and to reduce weight. I think it's a solid idea, but I'd take it one step further and say that instead of it being a /c command, why not make it a player tool option, that way it'd be easier to script in the sense that you could just use the player tool on someone, a dialogue would pop up saying "How much Prestige would you like to bet?" You say the number and press enter, it automatically sends the other person a confirmation like when you search inventory, and boom, it's all locked in. Unless you can make /c commands targetable, because otherwise it could be annoying to get it to trigger vs the other person?