Imir Hvithelm the Illusionist

Started by Hierophant, June 22, 2020, 10:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hierophant

The guilt of his hand in Master Golfaldus' death weighing too heavily on him alongside the death of many brothers, I decided to retire Imir with a very fitting suicide. I didn't take too many screenshots but I had a lot of fun with this PC and he's my longest lived PC, almost living to two months (probably a lot longer had I not chickened out!).

A big thanks to all the wizards of Golfaldus and Iseabail Cawdor, always great fun and RP. Especially his conversations with Ailis which brought me back from feeling like retiring even earlier with some amazing and really humane conversations. Thanks to RWG/Beauxeregard for encouraging a cool little arc for him as the Royal Inquisitor, which he cast off after the death of his brother Edwin, burying the cowl with him.

My goal and inspiration for Imir was actually Lorenzo the Magnificent, and he spent a great deal of his life trying to create peace and accord between factions. He wasn't as successful at this as I hoped. Illusion has always been my favourite school so it was a blast to represent it in Howland's prelude. I lost some motivation along the way though. That was an amazing plot to start off with though and I'm really glad I was able to be a part of it. Good luck to the living!

Imir's journey went from being an anxious little man to a rather stern and 'I know what I need to do' kind of dude. He wasn't as talented as his brothers Lykaon and Enfiro, but he was an artist at heart and a visionist. He saw something in the city and through people that not many people see, and he strived very hard to make other people see it too. He saw the good in everything and had to make some difficult decisions. He sold himself into literal slavery with Luke Danebluff to save his brothers after the murder of his wife, only for him to die a few days later. He spent some time trying to get in touch with Webber, only to be banned from Ticker for becoming too much of a firebrand. Then he became the Royal Inquisitor, which didn't last long. He spent his last days studying his Master's library, envisioning the future of the order of Nine.

See you guys on the next! I'll be taking a couple days away to concept.
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

LiAlH4

Wonderful wizardry! I look forward to the next. :)

Random_White_Guy

RIP all our Order plans.

Good job man and very fun to see someone so optimistic take such a backslide.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Sublime

You were a complete delight to RP with. I'm so impressed by the quality of your writing and characterization.

Surprised and sad to see Imir go. Look forward to seeing what you do next.

WiseArd

Heart-wrenching to see him go.  He was an incredibly well characterized PC!

VanillaPudding

SamB123

The interactions I had with Imir were interesting. Solid PC.