Moongrove Using-Many-Things-Of-Many-Uses

Started by reconditebabe, July 12, 2020, 11:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reconditebabe

Moongrove is dead. I actually found the Fish Soup incident exciting (or rather the RP that was beginning to result from it) and was trying to create mutually beneficial RP from it with multiple PCs and it sucks that it ended up in my PC being killed as a first interaction when there were other players who were more willing to overlook what was a really bizarre and surreal incident. I was really hoping the conflict would be more interesting in general. I had a lot of fun playing this PC but my suggestion is that there be more laws in general so that the conflict is more dynamic. There is really nothing holding anyone accountable for anything, so no one cares about anything. I really tried to use this character as a means to hold PCs accountable and operate on behalf of an IC  "greater good" but it was extremely difficult to get anyone to care whatsoever about things that I feel 95% of PCs should care deeply about. It leaves me at a loss of what to create next. There is little reason to create a diabolical  villain because there is no institution for me to work around or operate against in order to gain the power my PC would crave. And playing a vigilante or someone who seeks accountability is really cool, but most PCs just don't care for whatever reason, so it feels like you're yelling into an empty well. A lot of players DMed me saying they enjoyed what I was doing, and that meant a lot. But it didn't really have any actual effect on what was going on despite it being well received. I just wish things were more complicated and dynamic. I really enjoyed Moongrove because the Recondite have actual laws and tenants that dictate their behavior in some conceivable way.  I see a lot of people saying that it sucks to play a good aligned PC on CoR and I understand why because very few PCs seem to have conviction even if their alignment, wisdom, and intelligence would imply otherwise. I know I'm not alone in my sentiments that the setting is far too lawless.

A lot of the time it felt like I was on the blue team and the other PCs were on the red team and very few if any of them tried to  break that mold in any conceivable way. A lot of Peerage PCs seemed surprised that my PC might approach them trying to talk about infernalism and what we can do about it. It probably would have been a lot different if I actually had other people playing Recondite at the same time as me. I tried to make my character more diplomatic and philosophical, dissuading Peerage folk from participating in evil and trying to reveal to them the nature of the actions they are complicit in. Some PCs were receptive to it, and there were multiple Peerage PCs that my character was slowly forming relationships with,  but those storylines will never pan out now because there just needed to be justice for some random FD over fish soup.

This might be the wrong place to air this out but this is my general stream of thought in regards to feedback based upon my experience playing a Lawful Good PC. Arc did a really amazing job creating the Recondite and they are honestly the most interesting faction on the server, and I think the other factions could take a handful of notes from the Recondite. It was really awesome being shrouded in mystery and having PCs innately interested in what my motives were. It was really cool to make a PC that had an effect on the players around me, even if it didn't affect the server. I highly suggest that anyone who is interested in making a Recondite to try it out.

I found this to be an extremely stimulating  and exciting experience and I really wanted Moongrove to survive for longer so I could see how everything was actually going to pan out. The fish soup thing was honestly really stupid, but at least it was funny.

zerotje

Your character was great and so is your attitude as a player. Cant wait till the next.

Miyokari

That was my first encounter with Recondite on the server, but I liked the little encounters that Moongrove had with Nirsk sisters. It's a shame that she got FD mostly thanks to that fish soup accident, but hopefully you will come with another great idea for next character :)

_Voss

Playing a recondite is tough being that they are essentially a monster PC. Especially now that a large portion of the player base are characters from the peerage ward.

I think you did really well rolling with the punches and playing a consitent character when most players might have given up already.

Good luck on the next one.

Disorder

This was my first meeting with recondites, due to me having a break from the server. I did like that Moongrove, unlike prevailing part of the pcs that are currently active had a moral fiber, which wasn't easy to accept or fully grasp because of the reason Voss mentioned (the fact that recondite is basically some kind of monstrous creature).
Don't be disheartened, cuz you did fine work by accepting this challenge and see you on your next character!

leadlight

sankarul

Both I as a player and Herbert liked the little recondite. Sad to see it's gone!