Adding danger to the sewers

Started by Jello!, July 29, 2020, 08:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jello!

The sewers  seem safer to be in than the commons.  This is ironic because you would assume the sewers would be home to monstrosities that enjoy the dark and filthy halls, but I'd sooner dive into the sewers than walk across the commons without wards or invisibility vials.  At worst, you may run into a gang or spiders, but your more likely to see rats and stink beetles, the former of which are almost never hostile until attacked.

Suggestion:
- Add new creature (Rare spawn in drips floor level: 1. Common in lower drip areas): were-rat mage and hunter.
- Add bounty for were-rat tails

This would make going into the drips a little more risky and would give higher level pcs something challenging to hunt. Additonally, adding an item to allow rogues, fighters, monks, ect.. the ability to hunt rats without having to worry about being swarmed would be welcome. As it stands, only classes that have access to dr or AE can hunt rats with little worry about death, all other classes have to worry about being swarmed by rats when trying to solo drips. Also, making it easier to divy out rat tails would be nice. If people do group up for rat hunting, its a real pain to have to keep track of how many tails each person gets and then moving each indiviudal tail into the barter window.

whyemmdee

Can you at least explain your reasoning as to why? I admit I am loathe to do anything or change anything unless I have a good reason to put in the work for it.
tchundere

Paha

For what it's worth, the party system for rat collection is unlikely to happen, because it's meant to be something more... Scruffy and lonely budding hunters and desperate people can do. People can still collect tails and share them equally if they so choose, which serves pretty much same purpose but you won't all stack up same gold and exp for the total amounts.

Otherwise, as we discussed shortly, try to provide your reasons and feelings as to why you felt some of these ideas could be beneficial. There was merit there, and while it may not all be what we are after, they are intentional and well targeted suggestions with good reasoning.

Jello!