Gervasy Igorevich, the Bear of Orza

Started by Disintegration, August 02, 2020, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disintegration

The Bear of Orza's story has come to a bloody end.

This was a really fun introduction to the City of Rings. I originally made this character as a lighthearted attempt at checking the setting out and am ecstatic with how many stories I managed to get involved in.
I want to thank the DMs and players that put up with my harebrained schemes on this PC. Kudos especially to the players of Tzacol Ix, Atakat Ix, Jouvander, Rhamah, Niven, the Harcourts, and the Elven Warband for making this ride so fun near the end.

I never managed to take very many screenshots but here's a cursory outline of what went down behind the scenes:

Gervasy started off as an Awakened, and very quickly fell in with two strange adherents of Yeman on his first day who encouraged him to join House Orza in order to spread the faith. One of my primary goals was to convert all of House Orza to the worship of Yeman over that of the Lady-in-Waiting, or the Lord Departed. A foreign god for a house of outsiders. Rituals, rites, and funerals were often held in collaboration with the Yemanzi. Any prospective retainers were made to convert.
[hide]

[/hide]

Gervasy was very close with his friends.
[hide]

[/hide]

But he was not so nice to those below him in the Orzan pecking order.
[hide][/hide]

Eventually an opportunity arose to harm a rival house that was amassing power at a far speedier rate than any others in the Peerage: House Velstra. Gervasy threw a lifeline to a pair of Blackjacks that had found themselves stuck between a group of hostile Velstrans and elves.
[hide]

[/hide]

The two new Orzans were not long for this world and soon found themselves killed. With a plausible casus belli in place it was time to move to stage two of the plan.
[hide]

[/hide]

He also arranged the impromptu marriage of Ser Jouvander Vindascas to Niven Scurlock, a Velstran retainer, as another political blow to House Velstra.
[hide][/hide]

Gervasy and his allies then defeated the elves before making another gambit. He offered them a chance to live in exchange for their role in what was effectively a false-flag operation. The elves would attack the retainers of the other houses, which would in turn galvanise them into voting for his anti-subhuman and anti-halfbreed policies at the council. This was eventually meant to hurt the Vale and the Winespills, but I wasn't able to get that far; the plot was cleverly discovered by the Velstrans, and he was given his just deserts right before he could put his plan into motion.

Loot.
[hide]

[/hide]

It's been fun, EFU. See you soon!

Red Moon

Gervasy was a fantastic Orzan. Really. He's exactly what I would expect from the House.

He was intimidating of a presence to stand in with his massive size, the weapon he chose to wield, and the choice of his words.  But he wasn't a terrible person beyond the march, and that's what stood out to me. Gervasy gave a shit about people, did whatever he thought was best for his House and home, and wasn't afraid to be kind. Many times, Gervasy became the voice of House Orza. He promoted it proudly, and unquestioningly.

I think Lucretia was the person who got him smoking, not sure. I just remember Gervasy asking about her cigarette, and she gave him two when they first met without a second thought. Ever since, they jived together.

The Bear of Orza is a proper title. Thanks for playing!

Random_White_Guy

Getting shit-canned at the Burgage Bar and all the Salons were priceless fun.

The Small Gods got him that farm at long last.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Sarah123

I'm sad to see that Gervasy is now gone. He was well played and I was hoping to get to interact with him a little more. Rip. Well played!

RNN

That pudding scene...

Gervasy had so much depth, surprisingly good natured but with hints of a sinister core. Scheming with him was a delight - he always had such far-seeing plans.

-UnholyWon-

I really liked the interactions between Kaspar and Gervasy, and I wish Kaspar was around longer to prove Gervasy wrong. In the end Gervasy was right, Kaspar was nothing more then Fodder.

Well Played!!
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

TheShadow

Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.

Bearic

VanillaPudding

Fantastic. Amazing conflict resolution / misdirection and awesome RP. Very well done!

:)

Drink With Me

Very few interactions but was so much fun. You played him well and I will never forget the pudding contest.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

Blue41

Kiaring

Absolute joy to RP with you. Sorry to see him go. I hope to be around for your next PC!
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

Gordan

The one who made my first unexperienced char the title "frogboy" and with his assholiness made  him leave the Ward and start a history or roaming defeats and loose one after the other, you was the one who made me understand this is a server full of shit, and not a easy land for heroes and good people.

You was a good theacher of pain, thanks for the experiance