Lore Writing Contest

Started by Hound, August 12, 2020, 08:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Hello all!

It's time to get those creative juices flowing, because I want to add some more literature to the module. I invite all of you to write up manuscripts or treatises about aspects of COR's lore that intrigue you - either from your own character's perspective, or even that of a made up minor NPC if your current PC isn't much of an author. The best of the crop will be added into the module as books that can be found in-game, and those that succeed in getting their work added to the module will also receive some DM loot from me. Good luck!

For some contextual inspiration, think about the type of books you can find in games like the Elder Scrolls series.

Please send me a discord PM with a link to your submission, which should be in the 'Books and Publications of the City' subforum. Your deadline is 1st September.

NOTE: Please remember that artwork, while lovely and encouraged, can't be displayed on in-game books. Please include a caption for any artwork you use in your books describing what it is for the in-game version.

Hound

Thank you to everyone who made submissions for the contest - it's been a pleasure to read through everyone's work, and it puts a smile on my face to see the libraries subforum so fresh with new life in such a small span of time.

Listed below are the discord tags of the winners and the name of their work! These winners will have their work implemented into the module as in-game texts in the near future.

Dendar#8957 - The Quiet Works of Qethah

Nap Stack#0435 - She Who Wrings Hearts

Bearic#2003 - Dangers of the Nine-Faced God

Grix#0138 (and co-author, whoever they might be) - (Excerpts of) History of the Rings

Kiaring#2351 - Codex Duello

UrFavBoi#5219 - The Orbites and the Greater Purpose of the Labyrinthine Dreamscape

jimbl#6883 - On Scarabi and Fungoid Parasites

WitheringTree#6589 - Nine

Winners should fill out the following and PM to me on discord:

Receiving Character Name:
Class:
Race:
Preferred item slot:
Preferred theme/concept (one sentence):
Preferred powers (not guaranteed):

Thanks!