One Little White Lie

Started by Random_White_Guy, August 16, 2020, 06:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

QuoteHistory:

Born and raised in the squalor of the 97th Ring's Bleeder's way life was far from glamorous. The roaming gangs and madmen, the uncouth and duplicitous Muck Boys, and similar ringrunners of questionable repute all too common fare. HIs father a drunken lout and petty thief, his mother a washerwoman in the fetid canal, and life that of suffered peasant misery. All too many a nights spent with his mother singing him songs or covering his ears while screams erupted in the alleyways, rocking him back and forth telling him that everything would be okay.

From that one lie that everything would be okay though spawned so many more, and one day upon finding a slain Squire's silver armor he thought- "What's one more lie?", and Alander Songwood was born from thin air.

A chance to claw, fight, and tear his way from the harsh peasant life to Noble station, and make all he viewed lower than him suffer.

QuoteCharacter Desc:

From the Imitation Wiki- "Worshiped as the matron of lies, blind faith, and lost causes-", I intend to split my PC's pursuit into two avenues of focus, after feedback from many DMs that my last few PCs spread things to thin. To that end I hope to embody Neutral Evil in a story of a man who born with nothing would seek to carve his way in the world through violence and political station.

The White Lies (Lawful leanings) - That the Peerage cares for the populace and is legitimate rule, blind faith in the service to the King, and the lost cause of bringing hope to those maligned in 97. The Black Lies (Chaotic Leaning)- That the Peerage is a cruel and unforgiving Caste system, blind faith in the pursuit of power and lies, and the lost cause of trying to claw his way to the top of the hierarchy.

Mixing to make a PC distillation of the Peerage. A man actively cruel, domineering and abusing those below his station with the auspices of silver and haughty nobility. A Poet and a Tyrant.

Phew. When I made a PC with the idea of using the Inquisition to try and build prominence rather than just PvPing a few changelings and dying I had no idea it'd go so fast.

Talk about a wild and grotesquely corrupt ride. First off big up to Arc who gave me the gasoline on the bonfire of "You have one week to live or we will kill you".  That was not planned at all part of the PC and was a huge out of left field discovery to have a deadline.

The downside was when the King of the City (Or so you're lead to believe) says you're worthy, other people coming out and shit talking you can be quite the offense.

Starting off with glimmery starter area silver Peerage Armor and a made up name my PC would find himself on one of my most meteoric blast offs in a while. In non-chronological order

- The Royal Archive and House Sunpurse brought him in as an Advisor to the Council of Peers and Parliament as a Shady Vizier
- The Weavers poured a fortune of slush funds and shady bribes into his restoration efforts in exchange for Royal Authority.
- Velstra gave him free fullplate and helped him hammer the wayward out of town, indirectly.
- Orza gave him free alchemics and at cost potions and wands and early low level boosts.
- Nephezar gave him legitimacy and help reaching Ring 95 and promising deeper
- The Resolvers Guild he tried to sell the entirety of the Rifts to.
- House Halemont gave him a small fortune and pledged to help him reach Ring 91
- House Redwheat brought him information on Treason he took to shift the Harcourts into using their reputations.
- The Conquerors Guild brought him 1/day amplify item and other fine pieces at discounted rates
- The Hawkers Guild gave hime 1400 points worth of prestige items for "Counsel"
- The Accountants paid him off to push for non-lethal sentences for crimes, a week before the Kastian situation
- Executed a vengeful Vindascas/Orzan PC in a duello who dared call him out on not being a good inquisitor
- The Famed Rooster of Redwheat though proved too much to and the power hungry madman cut down.

Slithering back to his alleys in shame...

Sadly as much as I tried to play a tyrannical, cruel, non-greasy, 22 Intimidate 5 bluff 4 persuade PC...

I still ended up just wheeling and dealing.

Thanks for everyone for getting involved and sorry for not keeping on but having lost in a big certamen duel to lose the station and having just played the shame and pain spiral on Beauxregard, it's not some RP I want to deal with.

Ttime to stop trying to conquer the world and just enjoy all that EFU has to offer.

Not bad though for a kid from Bleeder's Way who nine days ago decided to try and become a Lord of the Peerage.

Black and White Grimshots
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Kiaring

amazeballs hope you returned the cowl
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

SamB123

Probably the best Inquisitor we've had in awhile, though obviously I haven't played long. I liked Alander Songwood.

Decimate_The_Weak

and his big black heart

A+ dude as always

Drink With Me

As awkward as it is to post here. I had nothing but respect for what the PC was trying to acomplish . RWG ive always enjoyed your PCs and your take on the Inquistor was very different. Shoes I'm afraid my now mad rooster will not fill. Which does pain me so.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

petey512

Thanks for the memories you vicious bastard.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

Egon the Monkey

Clearly a power-hungry fanatic, but aimed in a direction that Got Shit Done and was at least some of the shit the Doc wanted. You actually got him to put on a uniform, because he had a big plan and it made sense.

It was interesting to see someone pushing hard to do the job of Inquisitor full-on and restore the Courthouse, as "Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons" is one of my favourite tropes.

SN

Sublime

Love the backstory and concept. Well done!

Hierophant

A+ PC! Looking forward to your next :)
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

el groso

sankarul

My favorite inquisitor so far, not that I had much to do with any of them. But all the sendings, and all the attempts to make everyone help with the job, I liked it.

el groso

RPG

A very cool and different take on the Royal Inquisitor. Got a lot done in a short period of time and pulled in everyone nearby on the fun, and you portrayed your character legitimately even when doing so was likely to get you FD'd.

Interesting twist on a concept, magnetic and inclusive, and a masochistic commitment to the characterization.
Definitely a RWG character.

Well done old man.
That's my purse! I don't know you!

The Old Hack

Absolutely amazing. Thanks for the good times :)