Dart Ashall : I had no idea what i was doing

Started by Gordan, August 30, 2020, 08:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordan

That is coming with a huge delay, like, 1 month of delay from the actual char elimination

But people SOMEHOW tell me they had fun with him and they liked him, even if was my first char and i had No idea what i was doing.

Soo, where to start

Dart Ashall was a Awoken, a Cormyrian noble, and as is my tradition all my char are inspired by epic  heroes or characthers of novels... he was Dartagnam of the 3 Musketters, one of my favorite Stories ever,

He was a NG noble origin boy who just wanted with all his heart join Velstra as it looked like the most  "France" of all the houses, and i still believe the favour of Velstra is something no onther house have and they are by far the best house of the ward in term of story and falvour...but that are personal opinions.

I as a newbie just started i had a HARD time understand what to do, and one of the prime problems is that i readed the wiki realy hastily and i have problems deal with the "Bullyng" that now i know is a comon part of the server, but back then was realy frustrating, i even remember one time i asked  DM Hound to please talk to me OOC that i was absolutly freaking out from all the Orzan vexations.

Every DM is a saint but Hound must be the pope because he did not sended me to fuck off as i deserved  :-*.

I will remember the time i turned into a frog and started cause havic in the ward believing i was doing something funny WITHOUT KNOW trasmutation was a crime,

OR that Beutiful evening when 40 groats Godfrey and some orzans thugs came in the Vale asking for Kanna Vauntz and The Red Lion send them away, he became my fav NPC after that and is STILL my favorite NPC of all Efu, he became Exactly all Dart wanted to be...(I still keep the screenshots)

[hide]

[/hide]

And then...crap started to happen

Had to leave the party because we were too much for doing a quest dart is been assaulted by  a bandit player (I completly forgotted the name )who stole all his money (and i believed the House Key, few days after i finded out was still inside the bag ..big facespalm here ), i freak out, i reached the square where this one lived and i started figth him WITHOUT DM approval, and then when i returned in the ward i was Laughed by the Orzans once again telling how he was weak and pathetic...

I think i as a player broke out, i decided SCREW THE WARD! and he became a oathbreaker living into the ponds for some time...

I met some nice people there, Druids and healers who teached Dart abaut the land, and all those things he have no idea abaut..like what a blur potion was (yes i reached level 6 without know what a blur was)
i actualy enjoyed my time as a pondsfolk, Until velstra did not started hunt down druids AND myself, and i was robben, like..3 more times, by goblins players, knaves and even Orzans in the ponds.

I believed i had a good run and was time for him to die there, he was a test, i tested, it was time to end him...but as soon as he was going to toss himself in the peerage ward for Drown...Vahsa appeared.

Vasha, he was the best, he was the mentor, realy, he offered a place in the prostectors and he accepted because he wanted be part of a family again, and teached me a lot of things important for survive in Efu i still follow..and all was doing well and wonderful...Until the blackjack do not started act as morons against the Prospectors and Nephzar killed Vasha for reasons i still do not fully understand, they told Dart he summoned devils but that have no sense, he was a saint.

That  was the first step of Dart inside madness and evil a step that would became even more deep with the arrive of a new realy important char in Dart run, Beatrix Dspna

She was a necromancer, Dart finded that the first day they meet, but he did not cared, i as a player did not knew Necromancy was Evil by nature and been close to them made them evil soo started slowly to became more evil, and to travel more with Trix and the two became even lovers. she convinced him to leave the prospectors (even if i was like, the last one araund becouse evrone else leaved bored abaut this entire IC situation) and to join the Bonescollector as a Death knigth

he was a puppet, a minion in her hands, but i noted without Trix Online play Dart was becoming Toxic, just, play him became unfunny and i get angry, like, play him was getting extremly toxic for me in real life, as i'm a truly emotional individual who RP mostly for express emotions if the only emotion i can think off is Anger, then play is not worthy ... without count i reached a total of 7 robbing attempts

so i started Yashan, and as he joined the weavers DM asked me to kill Dart as i as a player could not have both weavers and collectors info in game.

And soo, Dart disappeard in the shadows of the city, maybe if you will find a death knigth roaming in the nigth it may be him, mad, insane... still looking for vengence for his mentor... or maybe he is just another puppet in Lord Darkskull army, not the less, this is where his story end...

A shout out of all the char i want to offer Kuddos!

Alexandra Winespill: for offered me the opportunity of became a retainer. (Something Yashan never Had)

Kanna Vauntz: She was soo nice and sweet, another reason to hate Orza

40 groats Godfrey: For been the closest thing to a nemesis, even if was WAY stronger and at the end the 2 made truce, 9 are the numbers.

The bear of Orza: I will be forever be your "Frogboy" :'(

Inquisitor Imir: i still think he is the best Inquisitor... HE KNEW BEU WAS A KNAVE!!!!!

Venom: The best Pondsfolk ever, Cleric of the Hidden one, she was soo close to convert Dart, a shame she disapeared

Vasha: The best Mentor a Newbie can have, and the best Prospector who ever lived.

Meatkliff: The Mud King can talk..and can punch you in the face...

Vinnie:  I kiiiiillled yoouuuuuu  ;D (is still the only PC i have ever killed)

The Sultan:  a good merchant who just wanted go home.

Trix: Welcome to the Dark side!

Peter the blackjack: The one who must stop play jerks  ;D

The Nirsk Sisters: They actualy converted him to Sa'i before he get curropted by Trix, it was fun, only clerics to actualy convinced a char to convert

The Red lion: Kill the fat man and made this one House lord please.

And there is someone else i want to kuddo i'm clearly forgetting

SanTelmo

Dart seemed like a fun first character and I enjoyed how you got involved in all kind of trouble with him. I sort of wished though you would have played him to the very end, even if it felt like you had come to an RP situation you didn't like. Sometimes looking for a new way forward can be an interesting twist and make the character enjoyable again.

All the best to you and your future characters!
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

parthenos

i enjoyed the fact that you tried to stand up for someone when i was sticking them up on my halfling mugger, i thought that was pretty cool

good luck on your next

SamB123

Howdy. My one suggestion would be, "Don't hate players OR Houses".

Your character may dislike Orza or Nephezar. That's perfectly fine! But I advise you to separate your characters' feelings and your personal feelings. Don't let a prior character's feelings pass onto a new character.  ;)

That said, looks like you experienced a lot on Dart, and that's a good thing. *Thumbs Up*

Gordan

Quote from: parthenos on August 31, 2020, 03:27:00 PM
i enjoyed the fact that you tried to stand up for someone when i was sticking them up on my halfling mugger, i thought that was pretty cool

good luck on your next

I'm sorry i do not remember that :-(

Gordan

Quote from: parthenos on August 31, 2020, 11:20:46 PM
lol

Ah no wait now i remember, the Halfling who tried robb a awoken and i casualy saw all and  helped her escape, Oh god was like...Dart third day i sed "run" i try hit i saw miss and thinked BAd idea..and i runned as well, i was like lev 3 or 4 XD

Hierophant

I played Imir! I tried my best to help you out, knowing you were a new player. Sorry some things didn't go so well and Dart might've changed his opinion of him, but I'm glad you liked him as the short-lived Inquisitor. I really like your commentary on everything! Dart was a good guy and Yashan is even better. We all start somewhere and I think you're rocking it. Keep on rocking! :)
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

Sarah123

Just to note, that the reason Nephezar didn't tell Dart who killed Vasha, was because the one who ended up killing Vasha died two days later. It wouldn't have really changed anything. But our interactions were fun when we did have them! Well played for  a first character.

petey512

Hey man, great first character. I enjoyed him quite a lot actually.

I was the one who mugged him. At the time I did not realize you were a new player and when I saw the faction armor I assumed you were one of us bitter vets. At the time I was trying to get better at pvp and was advised banditry was a good way to learn. I did not take all your gold but was advised afterward that 1000 out of 1800 was a bit much, and for that I am sorry!

I enjoyed watching Dart's descent into madness from afar, and am sad to see him go. That said I roleplayed with Yashan some since and he is also enjoyable! You come by the good alignment honestly and it all feels very authentic. 

I would echo the sentiment not to let yourself hate the other factions too much but I'm guilty of it myself at times, and I suspect everyone does.

Good luck with Yashan my dude, and all your future chars. EfU is all the better for their presence.

"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

el groso

I want to commend you on your great resilience, sir. Being bullied left and right on your first days, staying IC like you did, is memorable. EFU is not for everyone... But it is definitely for you! Welcome to the server. :)

Decimate_The_Weak