What am i doing wrong?!

Started by Gordan, September 07, 2020, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordan

This Post is me complaining abaut stuff happened in game, is childish i know but i would ask if someone have something to say or suggest me abaut it to please tell me, because i'm preety sure there is something wrong here and i do not understand what is it.

Its from some times now that i'm complaining (as my usual) that as a member of the weavers i do not have much to do, that my char is not good for been a weaver and  i asked both DM and Players in the guild to give me more stuff to do.

Because at the contrary of many other players i realy do not have interess in Ringrun, go araund seeking quest bore me, See deeper rings do not interess me , its something i must do for gain loot and XP but i risk to die at the same times and  i do not consider the risk worthy.

The politic of ring 99 can be fun to interact with but as a  player of a char with extreme low Wis i understand why people do not trust me in be a part of political games, i would not trust me either even if is something i like.

And this lead me to the true reason i play, the thing that realy like me, Interactions betwee characthers... Because yes i had more fun have a hanghover, Discuss what dress is better,  celebrate Festivities, woo and have  meetings, Talk with people , that is what i realy like to do...

And last Nigth i knew of The parlament meeting, and i sed..wow, that is finaly a opportunity for me to do something that is not roam araund like...a ringrunner, and do some actual RP i like to do! My best evil run in NWN online was with a Gargauthian so i LOVE politic....

a problem... it was at my midnigth...

And with knowledge the day after i would be tired at work and i would have probably regret it i acepted to be part of this meeting, Avoiding the Feast in the ponds that sounded way more interesting just because i wanted be considered as part of my faction, i wanted have stuff to do, i wanted to play a weaver for once ....

And i died...i died because a DM decided was a good moment for summon some freaking mustruosity that was able to kill me.
Now, i was not ready for a figth in many ways and i died in a way i did not even knew was possible to die (Reach level 0 with level drain istant kill you, good to know) ...

Now, let be clear, i'm not crying because i died, i mean, it suck be level 7 again and not have the Str for carry stuff, but is part of the game... I  think that was cruel, unfair and absoluty not expected but DM rules soo i have no point in it.

But is possible that Everything in this server end with a figth? evrything must always end some absolutly incredible difficult combat that 50% of the times kill you?

I will never reach level 9 i get it but dear god if is frustrating, I'm playing a char weak, and i know is weak because i made it that way, he have more Cha that Str and is a figther...And i like him, i LIKE play Yashan, but if the only situations i can play him end in a figth that is a terrible char for the server...

All i ask is play the char and have some good interactions and stories with other players, this is all i want, but at the end of the day even a political meeting end in a figth, all is questing questing questing questing and i'm Sick of it...

I want to roleplay if all i had to do was made a quest and entering the dungeons i would have played a Diablo-clone.

Bacon_Cheese_Burger

High charisma, low wisdom.. Sounds PERFECT on parliament. Why not get involved in that?
Maybe form " THE Weavers merchant department" or something.. Start buying and selling stuff from pc´s to pc´s. You dont need to hold back from RP from low wisdom.
Maybe form "The weavers security service" hirring yourself out as bodygaurd?
Maybe form "The weavers dress up service" Where you help PC groups design uniforms?

And sure sometimes cool stuff will happen when you cant be arround, but thats life on a global server, it happens to all of us.

About dying... Chear up, it happens to all of us, and yes i know it can be anoying but you will get over it :)

parthenos

parthenos

on a less twisted, sardonic note, i understand your frustrations. but just pay no attention to your levels. it is an arbitrary score on your sheet that does little to determine your character's personality. efu is best enjoyed when you ignore the rat race mentality a lot of the players adopt and mooch supplies off of your allies, or something.

Gordan

Quote from: Bacon_Cheese_Burger on September 07, 2020, 02:09:20 PM
High charisma, low wisdom.. Sounds PERFECT on parliament. Why not get involved in that?

Maybe form "The weavers security service" hirring yourself out as bodygaurd?
Maybe form "The weavers dress up service" Where you help PC groups design uniforms?

Because No one trust someone as unwise as yashan for talk in a parlament, it have sense

The security service is what i'm tecnicaly am, but there is nothing to defend, i protect the members of the guild but they most of the times do not want or need my protection.

And the dress up service....i must admit this idea never came in my mind...I would love that

Bacon_Cheese_Burger

History is full of low wis RL people, talking in parliament. And so is EFU :D

Bearic

Generally it is always best to find your own stuff to do, and do it. DMs might give you a tag line, a mission, or whatever, but they're rarely going to tell you how to go about it exactly.  Some times players need henchmen, so if you like interacting with them by helping them through whatever they're doing, that's a good option too.

As for the monsters showing up, that was actually a bit unusual, but more than likely plot or player driven as well.

Remember, you can always just role play as a crazy guy inviting people to drink tea with him, or something. Just because everyone else is running around questing, doesn't mean you need to. You could find people to play cards with, you could write and host plays, read sermons, what ever you want, really.

Gordan

Quote from: Bearic on September 08, 2020, 02:30:51 AM
Generally it is always best to find your own stuff to do, and do it. DMs might give you a tag line, a mission, or whatever, but they're rarely going to tell you how to go about it exactly.  Some times players need henchmen, so if you like interacting with them by helping them through whatever they're doing, that's a good option too.

As for the monsters showing up, that was actually a bit unusual, but more than likely plot or player driven as well.

Remember, you can always just role play as a crazy guy inviting people to drink tea with him, or something. Just because everyone else is running around questing, doesn't mean you need to. You could find people to play cards with, you could write and host plays, read sermons, what ever you want, really.

Some times players need henchmen, ... That may actualy be my problem, i play mostly Henchmen, slaves, minions, that kind of stuff, i need someone who tell me orders...and the server like give a lot of freedom to his players

SamB123

Well, counterpoint: have you considered playing someone who just does what he/she feels is right, regardless of what others think?

(Note: I didn't someone good aligned, just someone who pushes what they consider the correct agenda.  ;) )