Author Topic: {{ The Sapiential Apocrypha }}  (Read 330 times)

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: September 10, 2020, 04:12:08 PM

The madness of Reason plagues the Work of Man
We must pen with quill our musing doubts
Lest they taint and profane His Blessed Work
And render to ashes our stalwart faith

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: September 10, 2020, 04:17:52 PM
1. If the King is dead, long live the King.

2. By Holy Ampoule must a new steward be anointed, by chrism cleansed of sin and faithlessness.

3. By Orb'd Scepter must temporal liege by firm grip be wielded, lordly in visage in regnal claim.

4. By Unbroken Crown must sovereign be invested by holy coronation, to kneel as successor, to rise as King.

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: September 17, 2020, 12:38:29 AM
There came to I a tale which went thus:

In the beginning, He reigned and there was Nothing.

Aeons untold passed upon the still primordial waters of Nothingness, until He grew bored with this state of affairs. In His infinite wisdom, He brought into existence Creation, but with Creation came the fractured godhead of His discord. We know this to be a time of Chaos, with fair rendered foul and foul rendered fair, as He began to first shape like clay Creation to His liking.

He was fickle with His Creation, and disagreed on the nature of many things: He knew not whether His Children ought be guided to His Holy Work yet bestowed with Will and Reason; or if they must be under dominion ruled, that they labor and toil to His Grace.

So, it is said, did there come to be Good and Evil.

Ages passed as the Godhead further fractured into the many Facets of our Lord, and in discord and strife did there come to be born the many smaller gods, each a reflection of some amongst His Children. Finally, a wager was agreed, a gambit that would unfold upon His Creation. The Wager of Sins.

His Children shall settle the matter, for strife within the Godhead would only fracture Creation. Thus, Creation came to know war and plague, famine and pestilence, His Children making to decide by blood and mettle, by faith and zeal: the Wager of Sins. It is said that His Children were thus all born free, with Will and Reason, but a day shall come when we must each Decide on the Deicide of Man.

Thus did He vacate His Throne.

But, the waters of Nothingness never did forget:

That in the beginning, He reigned and there was Nothing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 12:43:32 AM by in hoc signo vinces »

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: September 20, 2020, 12:44:07 AM
On the Weavers:

The foundations of a House may be undermined by an exquisite scheme and twenty years of peace. Or, it may be razed to the cobbles with a well-placed torch.

On Saibhon:

Through Schism, they say, there are two ways of interpreting the Renunciation. The way that damns you, and the way that kills you.

On the Kingward Pilgrimage:

One's feet can only tread so many leagues. Choose wisely, how one's steps are spent.

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: September 23, 2020, 12:08:55 AM
On the Divine Godhead:

Nine the Facets. Zero the Nothing. Together, the One.

Heed now their Signs, from One to Zero:

Alph.

Bet.

Gim.

Dal.

He.

Wav.

Zay.

Cht.

Tet.

Tav.

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: October 01, 2020, 09:18:07 AM
On Moral Victories:

The realm temporal and the realm spiritual overlays each other, but it is in the latter that moral triumph and sanctification is found. The outcome itself, of the realm temporal, matters not to we. That is in our Lord in Heaven. On us, in our exercise of our Indulgence of Choice, what matters is that our choice grants us moral victory.

On Miracles and Blood:

Blood freely offered in sacrifice always grants the greater power: for it carries the worth of both the blood and of the choice.

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: October 01, 2020, 09:18:38 AM
On Justice and Injustice:

A tale come to I once.

There be etched on a stele in the Golden City which bore the following commandment: thou shalt not hurt the little wrens, that freely may they grow and live to fly free.

Saint Martine was a zealous and faithful servant of His Lord in Heaven. A brilliant theologist. A mighty worker of miracles. A saint of her times.

One day, she was walking along a path when she witnessed a little boy climb a tree to reach a bird's nest. He hunted not merely the mother wren, but its little youngs as well. He climbed back down, and wandered off.

Some time later, she was walking along the same path when she witnessed another little boy climb a tree to reach a bird's nest. He hunted its mother wren for his own meal, but left its little youngs well and alive. When he was on his way down, however, he stumbled, fell, broke his neck, and died.

So it was that Saint Martine swore eternal vengeance and war against our Lord in Heaven.

She was filled with ire, and broke all of His laws and all of His commandments. She knew all of them, and broke them methodically. She slept during the Vigil of the Thrones. She baked azure rather than scarlet cakes for the Sanguine Feast. She even sang off-key the notes of the Golden Chorus.

But, most egregiously, she broke the most important of laws.

When she died, it was asked of her, why the death of a little boy would make her sin so. Isn't it a little extreme?

Her answer?

What is the correct level of injustice at which to declare yourself in rebellion against the ultimate power meting out justice in Creation?

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: November 26, 2020, 12:25:48 PM
[It is gently dusted off...]

On Duty:

An iron cage of thorns, ever rusting, ever crumbling even as it rends the flesh from one's temples.

Brother. Steppes. Nothing. Oblivion's clarion call. The damnation of failure. A lost lord and a lost faith. A new lord and a new faith. A dragon of scarlet. A plague of knaves. Momentous are the events that yet seemed so heavy to ink into parchment. From Liam's demise to Evander's departure, I find each step in the pilgrimage heavier than the last, duty like shackles chaining my ankles.

How I envy the likes of the Lancers, of Eupraxia and those whom I saw as giants and titans in my younger days. They became titans without needing these shackles. I cannot. The bracers that adorn my arms were manacles, and manacles yet they still are, though invisible now are the chains. Invisible, but no less there.

Onwards, onwards, ever onwards. Closer now. The keys and the keystones. The latter ever seem to writhe upon skin.