Miriam Fontaine

Started by merrychase, September 28, 2020, 06:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merrychase

Hello EFU – Miriam Fontaine, Lieutenant of Lancers is gone. She died trying to find her regiment.

She was a blast to portray, and I met some great players and had fun playing with my brother on this marooned soldier concept.

I was able to play the game at a high level, and tried to tell some fun stories, from lighthearted fantasy fun to grim, emotional stuff.

To all the wonderful EFUers who had ongoing stories with Miriam, sorry about the abrupt ending! And to the Lancer players; I really enjoyed our time together, your characters are engaging and well played, and you the players are fantastic. Miriam's ending is 100% about me letting go. EFU really helped me through a tough, isolating time in my life, but now is the moment for me to move on.

To the oldest and (re)-newest DMs Howl and Lyle – you both made me feel welcome and included in the magic of EFU. Thank you.

And to the Lancer players Vurky, ElricRein, TV's Frank, efuincarnate, SN, Wyrmlance, nelly, The Old Hack - THANK YOU!

Here's some screenshots :)

The stats

The uniform

The boots

The bootknife!

The look

The soldiers

Many adventures!

Playing with the elves!

The End

Jello!

A very cool pc to be around. Though Ed only ever had a few interactions with her, those few times were a lot of fun.

Kiaring

Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

nelly

Sad to see her go, but so happy to have had the chance to work together.  You are a really kind and intelligent player; you will be missed! Best of luck out there :) <3

None before us.

SN

... I'm physically ill to see her go :(

Being gone from EFU for over a year, then making what I thought is a completely throwaway PC, just to see what the 'state of things' is resulted in this phenomenal journey which actually resulted in ringrunning too and having this constant Malazan vibe to the Lancers that I cherish so much.

Pure class, Merrychase. I, for one, am going to miss her and you tremendously and the delicate balance between serious/grim .. and lighthearted/comedic nature.

/Salutes

SergeantWombat

Love, love, loved playing with Miriam as Eden.

Awesome to see all she accomplished.

Great PC.

in hoc signo vinces

One of Eleleth's first friend, and amongst the first few to believe in her.

I am sorry to see Miriam gone.  :'(

Random_White_Guy

A shame our plans with Beaux and Miriam never came to fruition! Most enjoyable though while he was down in the dumps for her to come pay him a visit with an unexpected offer.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

efuincarnatereturns

I have found, alot of ones EFU experience is whom you share it with.  In my case, Angvalad (Grix) hooked me into the new chapter, and the LT (Merrychase) kept me here.   Thanks for telling such an amazing story, you will be greatly missed. I hope you visit us again from time to time.   

None before Us!

VanillaPudding

You really played an amazing character here and I do hope you come back. You are obviously a very smart player and your willingness to help through IC methods shined out every time I saw you playing. Great job leading a PC faction and having an interesting niche for so long!

Quarterdragon

Fontaine was a tremendously talented leader, and I enjoyed every interaction with you.   I am sad to see she's finished her journey, but overjoyed to hear you're doing well in your real life.

LiAlH4

I enjoyed travelling with her and saw some very significant character growth along the way. Well done! :)

MandyMank

Miriam Fontaine casts Summon Player Character

I had a blast playing with Lieutenant Fontaine

Mushroom Mushroom

I saw Miriam over numerous characters of mine. First, I thought she was just this cool sorcerer who was talented in using regroup spells and had a cool scheme, then she crew into a faction leader of an influential band of ring runners, and a controversial character who interacted with everyone- including the hated Wayward...

Well Done.

Canadianloki

A fun character to watch from afar and up close. Arn was always happy to share a venture or the keep with the lancers in the early days as they made their way out into the rings.