Dorian Raventree

Started by The Rat Queen, October 01, 2020, 06:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat Queen

Dorian started as my attempt to play a heretical version of a White Lie who adopted the idea of Hopeless causes above all things. As a child born in the poorest section of Ticker Square raised on nothing but grandiose stories and fables his Storybook oath made perfect sense.

All of this quickly evolved when he met the Silver Hats and was swept up in the Torc War and the drama it had. Fighting Arbiters (and losing) fighting Meatclyfe (and losing) fighting Knaves (and losing) but never once losing heart in his attempts to make the Rings a slightly better place!

With his continuous loses he came to realize the only path forward was deeper in the Rings, if he couldn't change people directly he would make the Rings a better place by seeking the King and his Wish, ensuring that the Rings become a slightly brighter place in his lifetime.

I have so many people to thank for interactions! The Silver hats, every single one of you to tolerating a Morally irritating Paladin while still sticking to your Sellsword roots. Saibhon for always being a moral compass, Valatina for always pushing Dorian forward when he had moment of weakness and Riley for being a genuine delight! (Dozens upon dozens more should be named and I'll include them in screenshots once I get the chance to sort the spoiler ones)

Finally, the Unbroken. What an absolute tear filled joy it was to come together with a cast of characters Dorian had moral qualms with for so much time, overcoming moments of moral dilemmas and coming together all the better for it at the end. I can't thank all of you enough for having me along in such a glorious moment!

Cheers!

Some loot pictures, will update with lore once I'm free from Corporate Slavery.

[hide]

[/hide]

Alignment! So perfect.
[hide]

[/hide]

A small interaction I have saved on my work PC! (Thanks again, DMs)
[hide]

[/hide]

TheShadow

I loved playing with Dorian, he was one of the few characters willing to take a stand against the immensity that was the Torc after they took ticker, from within.

Good luck on your next! I'll see you in game :)
Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.

Grix

Bravo with Dorian dude! He was such an awesome character to interact with. I never would have guessed we'd have ended up in the first together haha. Especially after the massive rift the Copper Torq war wedged between Dorian and Angvald. Add to that Dorian and Euphraxia and I don't think any of us ever saw that coming! But we pulled together and did some amazing stuff! Definitely many tears of joy and pathos as Quarterdragon said, along the way. Great work!

nelly

Great character! A hard-line paladin that stayed kind and giving. Enjoyed playing together, and so proud of you guys for making it! Best of luck on your next.

Quarterdragon

Dorian was a latecomer to the crew, but a welcome addition.  With Eupraxia ragging on Aethelwine constantly, it was great to have somebody who would call her out.  I smiled when he finally told her she may not be the Vulture he thought, but a Heron after all.

LiAlH4

Drink With Me

My only major interaction was smuggling apples into Ticker during the war with the Dandy Lion   He was a good lad. Well done.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

sankarul

I had very few interactions with you towards the end. But... having Dorian motivate Larken to be brave and stand up against the Arbiters (and get beaten up by them) when they hung that man, that was a fun moment for early-efu me!

Gordan

Dorian deserve Better than all of us, i never travvelled Deep in the Rings but i saw him all the times he returned back in the Square First with Dart and then with Yashan...

Yashan Will Forever keep what Dorian gave him close to his heart!

Praise his name

SN

I had too little interactions with Dorian :(