Author Topic: [[Leather bound journal with alestains and unlabelled.]  (Read 107 times)

Deadlykate

• View Profile
on: October 13, 2020, 02:10:27 AM
The blind wonder aimlessly, while the enlighten seek their path. Was I chosen? Perhaps not, merely luck of fate.. To break the false bindings of the Peerage, to raise above my station to become something more. I will not be some servant to those who are too blind to see the truth. Within the light they search, they only find lies; to find truth.. one must seek the darkness. To look into the abyss, to accept it's calling. Within the shadow's embrace I am the truth, cursed to know entirely different reality than them. There is no honor, there is no prestige, no royalty... There is only the means to thrive and survive, the truth is meant to be hidden. Cast aside into the dark corners where one cannot easily see, it is earned. I will mark my place upon this ward, and I shall make them see the truth.

I still remember the days as a child, working my hands till they bled. My family only rewarded with sour remarks, hateful glances and barely food left to feed us. All because they think themselves higher. They rust their blades with blood in a call for a crusade of honor, but what reward will they receive when they die for it? They gorge themselves on fine wines and a feast to shame any in Ticker. They bicker, fight, and bark out words among each other challenging to see who is better. Clowns wearing crowns, fine linens, and glittering jewelry. How quick they are to fight, die, and humiliate themselves for honor's sake; bravery in the form of stupidity. Had I stayed.. Would I just be another serf? Another fool who became a slave to honor? Blinded by a false light to keep me in check.

Perhaps I should be thankful, yet I am still bitter. I use to care for my parents.. Now they are a little more than a memory in my mind. Like a painting with no significant meaning or emotion. I can justify it in my mind, they lied to me; I would follow in their footsteps and be lost to this false cause. In the darkness I didn't hear their voices, but another. One who cares, one who wanted to nurture me. Even now in my dreams, I still hear her; whispering sweet nothings into my ears. It is her teachings, her embrace that will allow me to thrive upon this ward. At least I have plenty of ale and wine for the next few days. 

Deadlykate

• View Profile
on: October 24, 2020, 10:20:16 PM
Sitting behind Vault doors, scheming and looking over paperwork. Private talks within, concealed beneath a room made of strong metal. It's getting dull, patience is a virtue but even so it is an exhausting one.  The players set on the board know what is expected of them, but they have yet to play their part to the fullest. The taste of ale is getting dull, the stacks of papers cut shorter, and I grow tired of looking at a metal Vault door most of the day.

Even my coin purse has shrunk, I can only hope my investments will pay off. I will to gather what I can in these coming days, still so many players are left. Time will only tell if I knock them down or they dance to the strings.