Author Topic: [Leather-bound, Mere Adorned Journal]  (Read 209 times)

SamB123

• View Profile
on: October 13, 2020, 05:58:36 AM
Within a backpack sit two items: a Leather-bound Journal, a drop of blood & a golden 'O' stitched onto its cover; and a clean flaggelant. The journal is written in a neat, cursive script.

[Day ??, Year ??]

With official conversion to my new faith, I have begun a new journal. In truth, this 'new faith' feels like a completion of the faith of the Lord Departed. I scarcely know where to begin, but I shall begin with home.

I was sitting before the fire, when the vision came. One moment, mother and the cat were before me; the next, I saw it. Mother had seen me enter visions before, and she knows them as a blessing.

A large flame dominates my sight. Over the flame are two spirits, a binding between them. Then, many sparks join the larger flame, and the smallest of the sparks joins the other sparks.

I believe that I am the smallest spark, that the sparks are petitioners and the flame is the Holy House Nephezar. I also believe that the larger flame shall cleanse the world of sin, in due time, so that we may be worthy of His Return and fulfillment of the Promise. I believe this enough that I converted to the True Faith, that of the Lord and the Lady!

When the vision faded, I heard screams. Mother and I rushed outside, afraid. Copper Torcs were chasing peasants. I saw our neighbors and many others fleeing, several cut down as they did. Just then, guardsmen of House Nephezar marched into sight and engaged the Copper Torcs. The peasants hid behind their lines, as the raiders were thrown back.

I am grieved for our neighbors. Many lost their homes, but I believe the best way to prevent such tragedy again is to prepare myself. To prevent sin in the world, I must purge it from myself. First, I must show myself a worthy petitioner to the Holy Bannerhouse!

The bottom half of the journal page contains spots of blood, which look to have been accidentally flicked there. These spots were dabbed, but not fully removed.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:40:23 PM by SamB123 »

SamB123

• View Profile
on: October 20, 2020, 07:08:06 PM
[Day ??, Year ??]
The last week has been a flurry. After my conversion, I learn more of the Faith and seek to convert others. Finally, I bind to the Holy Bannerhouse on the Dame's invitation!

I am blessed to have visited the Shrine of the Lady and the Shrine Solar with Castellan Sobol. The Shrine of the Lady contains deep, but simple words. The Lady-in-Waiting keeps vigil, for her husband, the Lord Departed. Those who swear to her work towards this vigil, as Castellan Sobol. The Shrine Solar contains three faiths which are anathema, but it also contains the Shrine of the Promise. Holy ecclesiastics stand around the Shrine, lighting the candles, singing praises of the Promise, and remembering the Sun each night. The deeper understanding of the troika of the True Faith can only be gained by introspection and seeking the visions of the Lord and the Lady, through the Promise; so did I meditate.
The rooftop of the Shrine Solar contains the highest pinnacle in the Ninety-ninth. I also admit, the priestess of Sa'i disturbs me most of all. Visions are granted by God, not a false deity, not a fallen angel who left the first estate given unto him.

Upon the return to the Peerage Ward, I sought Censor Caradog, described as a righteous man by the Castellan. Answers proven, and a task given: convert others to the True Faith.

[Day ??, Year ??]
Retainer Samantha Black, a woman I knew to be an ardent of the Lord Departed alone (as I once was), I sought. After much convincing and informing her on my vision, applying it to both myself and to others as a whole, she agreed to convert and take the oath of fealty. The blessed Dame oversaw Retainer Black's conversion and fealty personally, as I prayed and look on nearby. Propitiously, God brought the goodman Sven Stigsson forth, and I oversaw Sven's conversion and oath of fealty under Thaumaturge Enos' guidance. Lastly, I sought Retainer Finn Darker, to explain the True Faith and urge him to convert. I led Retainer Darker's conversion and taking of the oath on my own, Retainer Black witnessing!

[Day ??, Year ??]
Then, the most fortuitous event: Dame Eleleth calls me to the Refuge. Clean of gore and spider entrails, safe from the undertaking presented by God to cleanse, the Dame and Thaumaturge Enos call me to the respite chamber. I stand before them and recount my deeds as a petitioner, my desire to bring glory to the Holy Bannerhouse. Dame Eleleth and Thaumaturge Enos welcomed me into the Holy Bannerhouse as a thaumaturge. I don the robes to cover my nakedness before the Lord, the Lady, and their Promise as an incense censer wafts over me, the freshly blessed robes and the benediction giving joy. This is a sacred tradition known as 'anointing of the toga'!

As before, the latest pages contain whip-flicked spots of blood, dabbed but remaining.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:41:51 PM by SamB123 »

SamB123

• View Profile
on: October 20, 2020, 07:31:55 PM
[Day ??, Year ??]

I pray in the Shining Chamber after the excitement and solemnity of my joining the Holy Nephezarim ends, whipping myself but briefly as I pray. Not all understand the need for a man to purge himself of sin through pain.

I am considering taking the Heavensight Fast. I shall ask Thaumaturge Enos on the matter. I feel a new vision is henceforth!

This page contains a small spot of coagulated blood, as if the writer moved hence as it touched the page.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:42:39 PM by SamB123 »

SamB123

• View Profile
on: October 27, 2020, 08:51:35 AM
[Day ??, Year ??]

I don't know how to described the last few days.

Ywain is dead. I whip my back bloody for failing, for letting him go off alone.

Bishop Hale lost her hand. I whip myself again for that failure.

I must purge sin from myself . . .

I have undertaken a heavensight fast, and seek to become the Promise's Bishop.

I cannot think or write under these conditions!

There is much blood on the vellum pages this time, as if the writer didn't care about the mess.

SamB123

• View Profile
on: November 21, 2020, 04:13:13 PM
[Day ??, Year ??]

The Lord Steward dead, killed by the Dragon, none other than Oscar Tchammorar, the greatest sinner in the act of usury. Naturally, the Knaves of Ninety-nine are running rampant in celebration. However, there is a light within the darkness. Lord Adaias has returned, bringing Godly, angelic power. For practicality's sake, I did wash the clothes stained by his golden blood. But I will preserve the handkerchief soaked with the blood.

I had another vision.

Shadows innumerable cast themselves upon a Great Light. Each shadow cowers and fades, unable to retain its form beneath the light. It cannot extinguish the Light, for the Light gives its form.

Without the Light of God, the vile shadows of evil have no form. This is part of our struggle, revealing the sin and corruption of man, our part in the Promise. In the Lord, the Lady, and the Promise is shown the darkness.