Animal / Lycan form digging / leap - Other lycan changes

Started by VanillaPudding, October 17, 2020, 09:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanillaPudding

As the title says:

Lycanthropes cannot use weapons and so they can't use grapple guns. I'd suggest giving them a "leap" ability to grapple at established horizontal and vertical climbing points in the world. This is already a highly controlled subrace via application and doesn't really add power as much as a quality of life change.

The same applies to digging. While they can somehow equip shovels since they don't count as actual weapons, it's just kind of silly . I'd suggest that lycans, mongrels, and druids in animal form be given a "dig" player tool. (Druid flying forms can already fly at certain areas.)

The hide properties on the animal forms should change your size to small for fitting animal forms. When on a wererat and in rat form, you can't enter rat holes / special passages and  receive an error that says "you're too large to fit in here". 

Egon the Monkey

After escaping from a 4v1 PvP by the use of a Levitation Potion, I have to say that an unlimited use jump ability would be really strong on what is already one of the strongest subraces. Grapnel guns have the big disadvantage of being bulky and slow to use, and potions have limited supply. Being able to bound over shortcuts would make escape and ambush even easier.

I think the idea makes sense but it would need to have something like a several-round wind-up and several-round KD after use. Which makes it as inconvenient and vulnerability inducing as a grapple gun. Not least as you can wereshift to your base race and use a grapple. So IMO it should be equivalent to that.

Bacon_Cheese_Burger

Egon the Monkey

You can't use the climb tool to jump across ravines unless your form is scripted to have that ability (i.e. it has wings). I can't think of any polymorph or non-app druid shapes that both have wings and are as nasty in combat as wereform.

SunrypeSlim

PM me for an apology! :3