Bell "Turkey" Fowler

Started by Wall Flower, October 18, 2020, 01:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wall Flower

Bellona (Bell) Fowler was an ex-burglar and petty criminal who decided it was a better career idea to join the Blackjacks and become a detective.

Bell grew up in the Burgage, in a family that for countless generations would act as fowlers, bird-catchers, for House Moonspear. When that House fell, so did the fortunes of the Fowlers who were reduced to drudgery, paupery and toil.

From an early age Bell left home to become a petty criminal, plying her dishonorable trade in the Scraggleways, a member of the Greasy Groatgulls gang. Because she was small and chubby at the time, she was mockingly monikered "Turkey" by her fellows who ascribed to her an unmistakable resemblance to a street turkey. When, after years of breaking into homes and voraciously reading the books in other people's libraries, Bell eventually realized she was far too intelligent for this line of work, and that the Blackjacks were in fact utterly clueless. So she decided to climb a rung on the social ladder by simply joining them. She began to call herself 'Inspector Fowler', started an investigations unit and eventially became a Detective, a profession which she found suited her faculties better -- and was more advantageous to her personally -- than common larceny. She developed a taste for solving cases, and indeed mysteries and puzzles of all kinds -- something which drew her inexorably towards the forbidden art of clockmaking and into the dangers of opposing the Nothing.

Bell's story ended a little too quickly for my tastes. She was really just getting started. But it was a lot of fun while it lasted. This was because of many players and DMs, but I especially want to shout out to the players of Rrust, Kenny, Clapham, Nola and Midge. The original Bumble Squad.

Kiaring

Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

KaedweniKnight

Bearic

Really great Blackjack group, and quite the interesting character herself. I am sad she didn't get to solve more mysteries.

Quarterdragon

I absolutely loved Fowler's antics and she really made the Blackjacks live and breathe, along with the rest of the latest crew.  They were a great troupe, broken up too soon.

LiAlH4

Sarah123

Fowler was great. I throughly enjoyed the sending wars between her and Samantha. The bickering between them was the highlight of my day some times.  ;) Very well played!

Electrohydra

She was a fun antagonist? to Katarina. Enjoyed the back and forth and bickering a lot.

in hoc signo vinces

Incredible PC. She really livened up and revived the Blackjacks as a force of relevance in the political landscape of the Ward and Ring. It's an utter shame to me that she died so quickly, and I do so loathe the recent slew of Blackjack PC FDs...

ZDavidMan

Great PC and gone too soon! I had loads of fun Blackjacking around for that brief stint.

The Old Hack

Goodbye, Bell. Hazel liked and respected her. This is sad :(

Richørd

Best Blackjack gone already. Fuck.

sankarul

This saddens me. The blackjacks were so amazing. :(

Walrus Warwagon

Unexpected end, but not surprising considering size of the ripples she set through the server. Fowler was the reason playing jack was so fun and it will not be the same without her.