Author Topic: A letter for Maeve Briarwood left at the Open Door  (Read 113 times)

Calixto

• View Profile
on: October 26, 2020, 11:01:01 PM
written in Tristan's habitual "untidy" script, with some grammar mistakes here and there

dear maeve

sorry for taking so long, but here is the answer at last! alright, i like to go straight to the point, so i will sum up what our answer is, and then i will go into the specifics:

you can shove your threats up your ass.

now let me elaborate.

you see, our lord was, as you may have expected, none too pleased with your blackmail atempt. i gota confes that i wasn't sure he wouldn't give in. after all i agree with you in that you got something big, something that can hurt us a lot. but he won't give in. he is ready to stand what will come, and i respect him a whole lot for that. so you can go ahead, you will get nothing from us.

that said.....

there's gonna be a council meetin soon, you heard, right? the houses will be speaking about the patriots, among other things. i'm sure you are smart enough to figure that glitt's words and glitt's votes will heavily depend on whether you go ahead or not, and that will be important since few houses will have anything good to say about you folk. orza are after your throats; velstra didn't like katarina trying to kill one of its retainers, nephezar won't do much to help you as you are an obstacle to their rule of ticker and their intent to impose their religion on everyone, and finally sunpurse... well i heard things are not too well with sunpurse lately.

to sum it up, you will get nothing from us. nothing. at most we can try to prevent the other houses from going after the patriots. you thought you could extort us, but what may be at stake now is your continued existence. imagine the great houses descending in force to ticker looking for you. no, i don't want that and i don't think that will happen, but if your diplomacy continues to be that poor, that may well hapen. and we know that if orza is involved, it will get gory. you should be careful with your next moves.

why did you do that? why are you trying to blackmail us? do you hate nobles as a whole just because they are noble, whoever they are? it's possible that if you would have come to us in a completely diferent maner, lord bernard would have accepted to help you. know what he said about ticker? that he doesn't want to get involved because nothing of what could replace peer rule will be better. what's the point of freeing yourself from a yoke if it will be replaced by another? how is the rule of greedy merchants any better than the rule of nobles? i've lived here for a long time and i can only agree with him. weren't the guildmasters who "freed" ticker the same ones who allowed a fiend among us in the name of freedom??

needless to say, your blackmail hasn't helped to change its perception. and i don't buy your bullshit either. you may claim you want to free ticker from nobles, and even from greedy merchants, but i don't buy it. not when you do stuff like that. someone who threatens, of all the houses, the one who posibly cares the most for the poor and the opresed, isn't concerned about helping others. maybe you got some hiden agenda, or maybe you try to persuade yourself you're doing the right thing; either way, i got no simpathy for you.

we have done nothing to you... and out of the blue you blackmail us??

i got no simpathy for the patriots as a whole either. you folk try to murder or beat up people just because they leave ticker and join the peerage, and you honestly want to tell me you are trying to do good??

tell me, i'm curious: is this your own doing, or do all the patriots agree with that? do they know? if not, your budies may not be hapy to learn that because of your not very smart move, they lost a possible ally for their cause and maybe their lives in the long term.

if i were you, besides forgeting about the suport, i would think about apologising, for a start. who knows, lord bernard is a good man and he may just completely forget about that. and who knows, if some actually good proposal for ticker comes from anyone of you, he may support it.

tristan caerfal
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 11:02:54 PM by Calixto »
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

Flagon

• View Profile
on: October 27, 2020, 12:34:27 AM
Esteemed Retainer Caerfall,

Your letter was not addressed to me, but its recipient saw fit that our group read it. I commend you on your honesty and choice of words. I have some things to say on the subject of your person, myself:

You are a cretin and a buffoon. I saw you being dragged to the square by the Jacks, and publicly shamed for expressing beliefs on changelings that were merely the consequence of your new awakening. It seems you've chosen to lick the boots that stepped on you that day. It is truly sad to see you turned into another fop, as it speaks once again of the common man being made to love and serve the very people who seek his suffering and destruction. A dog wagging his tail as it watches its master kick another of its kind.

House Glitt may be the better choice within your den of Vipers, but nobility and your hold on peasants and commoner alike are still monstrous. Your letter was a waste of ink, and this reponse would be as well, if only I hadn't the slightest hope that you may regret serving the Noble Houses, who do nothing but bleed the people of the 99th dry.

Sincerely,

Friedrich Von Rachenau.
Physician.

PS: Lord Bernard's little memento will be delivered in the following days. The Patriots are of their word.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:53:32 AM by Flagon »

Calixto

• View Profile
on: October 27, 2020, 07:07:12 PM

fred,

i am suprised. no, not by how pised you look, after all, its the expected result of hoping you would have your way but realizing you won't. what suprises me is that you didn't even try to negate my accusations about trying to murder people just for choosing the peerage over ticker. which only confirms what i already suspected.

that said, at the risk of sounding like a kid in a kind of "no, you more" discusion, i gota corect you: YOU are a cretin, a buffoon, and the top of that, a coward.

you are a cretin because you can't tell the diference between a blackjack and a peer. i will add that i keep giving my opinion out and loud about the blackjacks, whoever i'm talking to. and i will keep trying to make the blackjack who robed me pay. you, and the rest of the patriots, are cretins because you choose to go on even when you know both you and us will only be worse off because of it.

you lot are buffoons because while ranting over and over about how bad nobles are, you accept to talk with them, accept to go to a council meeting, and seem to forget that, despite how evil they are, you were allowed to leave without a scratch.

oh wait, i know what you gona tell me: that you were allowed to leave because the peers were afraid the people of ticker would rise up if you were executed. but that's where my next line comes in.

you lot are also buffoons, because you haven't succeeded in anything. you are unable to throw the peers out of ticker. you fought the torcs and if i remember correctly you were almost completely wiped out. you were unable to prevent an unfair sentence to be carried out. and you are unable to get the people of the square to raise. do you know why? because they can see you are full of garbage. that you are just words and litle else. that your promises are empty.

and lastly you are a coward, because you recognized that you witnessed blackjacks abusing an inocent man - me - AND DID NOTHING.

you are a sorry, worthless, and clueless bunch of thugs in disguise. and if the day comes when the executioner's axe cleave your necks, you will still be clueless as to how it could came to that.

you will hurt a man. a WIDOWER, who lost his wife and son in the worst posible way. you disgust me.

go ahead, glitt will endure. the house went through worse. it survived skudge, and it will survive scumbags like you as well.

take care

tristan

Most enjoyable characters:

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)