Hazel Meabh, Sorceress, Ringrunner, Retainer

Started by The Old Hack, October 31, 2020, 04:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Hack

So Hazel finally met her end. I cannot tell how she died due to spoilers, but it was epic and I am not complaining.

I would like to give thanks to all the people that helped me have a good time, in no particular order. Richard for being her first friend, Yashan for tolerating her capricious temper, Leopold for being a true Oathsworn and Finn for showing her that wizards aren't all bad. The amazing Lancers for showing me so much of the Rings, of course. Vurk, Cam, Riley, Azrael, Hog, Miriam Fontaine, Goat and the inimitable Saibhon. Also my deepest gratitude to the Velstrans -- Finn and Yashan again, Sam, that canny Lazar and Gabriel. Also my thanks to all the other Houses, Glitt for being so Glitty and the rest for giving Hazel a deserved hard time for being a hin!

I enjoyed Hazel greatly, and apologise to anyone I didn't mention by name. I met so many great characters.

See you all later!

An adventure I unfortunately ended up not going to:

Hazel in Velstran gear:

SN

Great run together, TOH! Enjoyed it thoroughly!

sankarul

big RIP. I liked her on Richard, seeing you all die now makes me almost regret retiring Richard. :<

SamB123

I think some of the best reactions involving Hazel and other retainers were both on- and offscreen.

E.g.: When Modares first saw Hazel wearing Velstran gear: "EGADS! A VELSTRAN HALFING!" (Hazel onscreen)

Another e.g.: When Lazar and Angramon were discussing something (which I won't spoil). I don't recall the exact words, but Lazar's like, "Why didn't Nephezar help when Hazel being harassed?" (Hazel offscreen)

That tension of having a halfing in the Ward and the push/pull between the racial prejudices, it was always interesting!

Gordan

:'(
I cant even tell all the good times we had, soo many things we have done toghever and soo many time s you interacted with Yashan Crybabyness, You were a pillar for him, a reason to go on, he will miss you... if he will survive still few days as even his conditions are not the greatests in the moment i write this.

You are been a friend, one of the greatest,  may she rest in peace

Ectheledhel

Aww Hazel was a great character. I am glad you enjoyed her and our interactions. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

LiAlH4

GoD1x

A greatly enjoyable character that I'm glad I got to interact with often.
Would have liked to have gotten further into discussing her issues sleeping/nightmares, but the time never really came for a deep dive (always something else happening).. and now it's sadly too late.

Looking forward to the next!

Sarah123

Hazel was great to have around. She will be missed. Rip little halfling. Well done and look forward to your next character!