Author Topic: Proclamations from Holy Bannerhouse Nephezar  (Read 218 times)

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: November 02, 2020, 07:23:47 AM
[From Dame Eleleth Einhardt of House Nephezar]

Denizens of our beloved Ring, delivered from the Black Storm and unto the salvation of our Lord and Lady - lend me thy ears, for I come bearing two dire tidings.

The first tiding is that of a secret shame, tied to the House of Glitt. Lord Bernard Glitt's youngest son, Holt Glitt the Second, was born a mongrel Changeling. Instead of granting it the mercy of death, Lord Bernard abandoned his son at the Grove of Baleful Stillborn.

Beware, for Holt Glitt lives; a monstrosity revealed by the divine scrying of Lord Nicodemus Nephezar. A Changeling beast, nigh twice a man's height with a bestial cunning, it roams the Mongrelwoods, defiling and profaning our beloved City.

How many innocents have perished because Lord Bernard could not do what is right and necessary? What other secrets are hidden in loathsome shame? How many mothers have lost their own sons to this beast?

We cannot be devoid of sympathy. We therefore beseech Lord Bernard to seek redemption in our Lord and Lady, order his Retainers to see mercifully ended the torment of his Changeling Child, and to submit to the Vestry's inquest that their good name be restored.

The second tiding I bring is of a conspiracy most foul, tied to the so-called Thayan Enclave. Our Steward Adaion has personally judged them to be infernalists most foul, worshippers of fiends who cavort with devils and consort with salacious pacts.

When they were uncovered, they were unmanned, and drafted the fiction that the Enclave is dissolved while they squirreled their way into donning the colors of this or that Great House. Their conspiracy? To infiltrate the Houses, obtain their secrets, and leverage those to elevate themselves.

By the grace of our Lord and Lady, by our Steward Adaion's diligent stewardship of the Ward, their conspiracy was uncovered. I bade thee, denizens of our Ring: do not harbor infernalists. They must all swing from the gallows.

Therefore, let it be known that Steward Adaion has personally decreed their deaths. To that end, I hereby invoke the Wayward Protocol against all members of the Enclave.

They are banished and are subject to prompt and summary execution. Any who should consort with them, who should trade with them, who should adventure with them, shall be similarly considered to be their accomplices and infernalists, and similarly subject to exile and execution.

Their known members are: Szar'kul Maszim and his slavebound servant, Imran; Athazar Szonech, known to have been seeking entry into House Orza; and Aszanaj Vohm, who is also heavily suspected by a Retainer of House Velstra to be a member of the Knaves.

I did not wish to be a stormcrow of ill and dire tidings, but this is my solemn duty: our Ring finds itself assailed once more from foes within and without. As with the Nothing, as with the Black Storm, we shall endure. We shall prevail. Have faith, in our Lord, in our Lady, and the Promise that joins them.

Blessed be we, His Children. Blessings be His, our Lord's!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:25:18 AM by in hoc signo vinces »

in hoc signo vinces

• View Profile
on: November 20, 2020, 02:37:22 PM
My lords, retainers, denizens of the Ring, lend me thy ears and hear now the words of Dame Eleleth Einhardt. Into days of seclusion have I withdrawn, in prayers and meditations, to be guided by the wisdom of God and Heaven.

Tidings have I heard, counsel have I sought, prayers have I made and letters have I penned to beg the wisdom of my Lord. At its end then am I resolved, to a course that is as inevitable as the Promise that shall be fulfilled.

For there has come a peril that weighs heavier upon I than nigh any other save my Pilgrimage. It overshadows petty squabbles, even the mischief of the Knaves. It looms with vast wingspan above even rats and infernalists.

For I am a Knight of Nephezar, and a Dragon has slain the celestial scion of my Lord's own blood. Unless my Lord Adaias break silence and issue decree otherwise, then, I hereby pledge myself to the lance of righteous vengeance.

In the days, the weeks, the months ahead, I care not how long it takes, I shall see mustered a holy host to crusade upon and see slain the dreaded Red Scourge, the Tyrant of Tickertowne. The Vault shall be broken, and its hoard shall shower the Steadings, its prosperity shared to the Ring. All who shall join in this holy host shall be rewarded in triumph beyond their greatest imaginations, turned heroes of legend and myth, made great and holy beneath the sign and banner of our Lord and Lady. There is no glory in slavery. There is no pride in submission. But ye mighty dragonslayers, ye aspiring heroes, join me, and we shall etch our names in the tablet of history unbroken.

Or we shall die trying. Blessed be we, His Children! Blessings be His, our Lord's!