A final goodbye to the Neverwinter nights community (And EFU)

Started by ARedRose, November 27, 2020, 12:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARedRose

I wanted to leave a post somewhere so here's  a good place as any.

A lot of you know me from other servers over the years bla bla.
The journey to RPing in NwN was a fun one with its ups and downs and really helped me get through a hard time in my life when i lost my father due to a car accident.

But i think now like most people of my age (36 now) have to move on from the game. I have met people and made friends here who have married and now have kids, families etc. Moved on but i still keep in touch.
So why the goodbye now... after so many years?

Nowadays i don't have the time i had back when i was in college of course. RPing requires a vast amount of time.
I even think of my characters and their plots even when im not playing because im a creative mind that like to create stuff.
The time i rather spend doing other things. because NwN takes up all my free time.

EFU has been for me the last bastion of good RP and the only remaining server i even wanted to play and the low level / perma server that im used to play but despite the initial appearances EFU seems to require just much of your time.
You need to grind for gold and potions to ever hope to be relevant in a very fast paced storyline that when you dont play for 2 weeks everything is different and you have no idea what is going on.

I can't find a niche of playing something laid back that will give me fun. I am an evil character player exclusively and evil here requires a ton of time investment to be PVP-ready all the time.
I can't find my niche and fun every time i try to play on the server i am forced to go all out on grinding  and its been a long while i was able to do any open evil RP.

I want to highlight my most favourite and best moments from EFU v5 and v4.
The best fun i had on v5 was when i played with Thomas Demon Cult wizard. One because i could play an unhinged Chaotic Evil Changeling Necromancer and be openly evil with a reliable group.
The best fun i had on v4 was with KreShar necromancer cults.  My friend. I hope you see this message sometime and im glad we got to meet each other ingame one last time before i quit.

The golden era of NwN is no more, but i wish EFU as my second favourite server ever, after CoA good luck and hope it still has a lot of years ahead of it.

Goodbye my friends and i wish you all the best of luck with your lives first and foremost.

(Also fuck i got tearful., fuck sake)

SN

parthenos

life changing decisions are important, so long as we stick to them. i remember you making one of these threads before. you don't seem like you enjoy nwn much anymore.

i say fuck it, don't continue doing something which makes you unhappy.  relapsing into negative behavioural patterns is only going to make you feel like shit. pick up another hobby or something and try to sun a lot.

also i know life is rough and tough esp. rn, but being overly emotional in life really doesn't play into your hands. wallowing in self pity and getting teary will only make you worse. read a book on it or something, i don't know. buena suerte, amigo

putrid_plum

EFU takes a lot of time and some people can play all day every day.  I feel you as we are similar age, with my son and career my play time is much more limited.  I often feel out of the loop.  So I just play generic PCs who can jump in and out of the EFU story.  Take time and focus on your life.  I'm sure eventually you'll make some balance and maybe return for a bit of what makes EFU good.

SunrypeSlim

Game/life balance is important. You're welcome back anytime.
PM me for an apology! :3

whyemmdee

I hope you come back one day Rose

If not, fare you well and good luck with your life's endeavors!
tchundere