Ordyn Ravenshylde - the hard-elbowed groat-loving dwarven wizard

Started by Eraamion, November 20, 2020, 09:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GravenKiss

Aethereal

I liked Ordyn and how he was always ready to plot and plan - making things hospitable in Ticker Square after Danebluff died and the various other mage related ideas we'd chat about. He had certainly become a fixture in the City of Rings, well done!

Quote from: Eraamion on November 20, 2020, 09:34:48 PMWhile the death was not inevitable, another overwhelming obstacle and delay after the months of playing and effort made me choose otherwise. As I have been mentioning for some time, starting another PC and getting them to see what I wished to see in case Ordyn would die is unfortunately a time luxury I cannot afford in foreseeable future -- but who knows what will happen in a few years.

Sorry to hear about this but I think the good news with the deep Rings is that it always exists as content to one day visit/re-visit and the whole trial of Ringrunning inevitably serves as an ultimate conclusion, one way or another, which is precisely what it was for Ordyn. Really your work is commendable as so many PCs give up or retire along the way and this is even built into the setting's lore but you kept at it, kudos to you! Though it is very special to see what lies deeper in the City, it is more about the journey that takes you there and perhaps also why you run the Rings. Well, not to get all philosophical on you, but I guess my point is, you had fun and made it fun for others and that above all else makes Ordyn a successful character.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.