Madrick Marjolo - The Shade of Sunpurse

Started by Fable, November 19, 2020, 07:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fable

I didn't take a lot of screenshots and I thought this one was funny so it's the one you get!

Madrick Marjolo was a very servile and loyal man of Sunpurse. He had a strange way about him where he would find powerful or interesting people and try to find ways to serve them even if it didn't make sense to his own agenda or desires as a way of "serving fate". It wasn't always the most exciting PC but I loved trying to portray a character that was just out of sight but not out of mind. I got to witness many secret dealings across this PC and it was a pure delight.

I tried to make him a unique take on the Peerage, a man who cared nothing about honor or his own reputation and serve others first in all ways I could (if they were interesting to Madrick). I based him loosely on  John Childermass out of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

It was pure luck he got to live this long and see this much but it was a very memorable experience to play him! Thank you to everyone who helped make it interesting.

Oops I lied, one more bonus shot. These are the kind of moments I lived for, just spooking up on people at strange times they didn't expect it.

VanillaPudding

Eye Door

Loved our chat in the dark hours. Also him just appearing out of nowhere here and there. Trying to spot him with divination was a fun game.

Gumba

The Ghost of Sunpurse... One of the only PC's I've ever grown to fear due to the mystic aura behind it. Good job.

SN

I remember doing the Ooze Tomb quest with Madrick, completely randomly on my Lancer PC and just casually talking about fate, destiny, life purpose as we just smashed it.
It was so good.

Sad to see him go, wish we had more interactions!

Glyph

Gordan

Was you who saved cantercall life in the bridge, not Wern, i wonder Who else notes that .

A Shame that plot se discusse toghever in the Vale get nowhere because of player decision ti change char... Was a good plan.

Well played not the less.

Archivist

Everywhere and nowhere ... absolutely terrifying. Well done, I very much enjoyed our interactions.

-UnholyWon-

I had a lot of fun interacting with Maddrick as Sylar, great character!
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

Quarterdragon

I would often just randomly say "Hello, Madrick" to empty rooms in the Sunpurse mansion because no harm if nobody's present but if you were there it would lend credence to my Divinations.  Also, thank you for saving Cantercall on the bridge!

Flagon

When Zawisza joined Sunpurse, Madrick suddenly cast See Invis on him while he was getting fitted for a coat. It scared the living shit out of me, and set the mood for one of my favorite PC's on the server.

He felt mystical, detached and knowledgeable in a way that reminded me of characters like Medivh in Warcraft 3, showing up with weird info and vague profecies.

creme bulette

I was just getting to know you in House Sunpurse. :(
The Shade always felt like this NPC lurking in every corner. It was super cool.

Good luck on your next!

Kiaring

I'm just going to pretend you're still around.

:(((((((((((((((

one of my favorite PC's for sure
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

Gordan

You ugly still alive mother[BIIIP]..well played   >:(

parthenos