Remove grapple requirement for Mongrelwoods

Started by creme bulette, November 24, 2020, 06:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creme bulette

Please remove the requirement for a grapple to get in and out of the Mongrelwoods. This has led to awkward situations where the only player with a grapple has to leave suddenly after orcs/goblins and players have no way back. It seems awkward that such a major part of the server is separated by this need.

Random_White_Guy

If you're going into the dangerous woods bring some rope!
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

whyemmdee

It's completely optional.

Bring grapple and rope.
tchundere

Egon the Monkey

I mean, the argument here also when  is the party did bring some ropes but then someone without one had to log, stranding them for OC reasons. Grapple guns and rope are heavy and not everyone needs to carry one.

I've been stuck there before after having to log in a hurry, and not having a grapple, but I carry jumping boots for this reason.  However, it makes no sense for players to be stuck until reset because of purely OC matters.

I've also been stuck because there's a transition bug that can cause you to suddenly port to the Mongrelwoods from the centre of the Weald.

The fact you got across in the first place indicates that you had a means to cross a Horizontal Transition in the party. Rather than remove the requirement, there could be a placeable of "swing across on a creeper" or something on the far side of the transition. This way, you can get back from the woods without a grapple but you can't get to the woods without one.