Charlotte Royer

Started by Easy To Remember, December 05, 2020, 07:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy To Remember

The actual Charlotte Royer died prior to current events in deeper rings, and was interrogated and replaced with a Sibilant agent, a spiteful but patient yuan-ti intent on slowly worming her way into a trusted position to abuse on the Empire's behalf, while limiting how often she got her hands dirty herself. She was an app I was quite excited for at the time, but as my available free time dwindled I started to feel as if she'd been alive unreasonably long without really doing much of note. She was able to pass as human with face uncovered until suffering a blood curse, but often forgot to blink, would become fixated by fire and severely uncomfortable in cold, and if her pack was ever searched, the scales she'd unsuccessfully tried to burn away would be made obvious.

I don't have very many screenshots of the cooler non-spoiler moments she was involved in because of a loss of files, but her various sabotages included, among other things, assisting in the freeing of Harad, removing the Toyfollies from the Peerage Ward to nip a threat to Sibilant remnants in the bud, helping Catsby break laws of reality and decorum, recruiting compromised retainers, and briefly becoming the Champion of House Velstra for the sole purpose of ceding all her points to the Nothing while feigning ignorance, before asking Kastian to make a sending pretending to have kidnapped and coerced her, after having implied to him that she was a doppleganger serving the Nothing.

Her biggest failure was not succeeding in her mission to catch and eliminate Aethelwine Silver. One of several assassinations demanded by her handler, she ringran for a while for the express purpose of getting closer to him, but ultimately missed her shot to extract what she felt was vengeance for the death of Szka'zul.

My ideal death was her being entrusted with a McGuffin, smashing it against the floor, and babbling lizard lore before being executed. But ultimately Charlotte died trying to pad her resume of feigned "blunders" with heroic acts,  without the silly, villainous unmasking I'd have preferred, thanks to some embarrassing gameplay mistakes on my part.

Also, I had a lot of fun penning letters. The idea was that Charlotte had spent too long among House Velstra by this point, and became afflicted with a most unlizardlike flair for the dramatic. I also got to write some lore books on the Empress, "She Who Wrings Hearts", that you can now find ingame.

To Aethelwine, her most despised target.
To the Knaves, who she shared a Nightmare with. After their identities were more or less made public, she was confident they'd puzzled out she was Sibilant from the fact that their shared Nightmare took the form of being doomed lizardfolk hunted by humans.

[Hide=Screenshots]

[Hide=Keeping Catsby Alive To Break Everything][/hide]

[Hide=Hunting][/hide]

[Hide=Eliminating a Rival][/hide]

[Hide=Of Two Minds][/hide]

[Hide=Shared Nightmare][/hide]

[Hide=Mistaken Identity][/hide]

[Hide=Outfit Progression][/hide]

[Hide=Quips][/hide]
[/hide]

[hide=Sheet]

[/hide]

[hide=Loot]

And also immunity to Detect Evil.
[/hide]

Wench

Love your characters EtR, very cool and dream app worthy. Sometimes we can't get the dream end or complete all our goals laid out, but as long as you had fun its literally all that matters in the end!

Can't wait to see what you play next  ;)
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

LoveLess

It's so wild to find this out, because there were so many times when one of my characters would see you walk by into the Vale, and have an exchange with someone else,

"That retainer girl ever creep you out?"

"All the time..."

SN

Damien

Wait, what? Yuan -ti?!

And here I thought you were just some rando lvl 10 pc only logging in for dm events

Poolson

Never seen Charlotte and this creature in the same room? Me neither.

Coincidence? I think not.

Observe, her using her coveted human "leg", caught by counter-esp agents, combing the ward for infiltrators.

The TRUTH was OUT THERE.

(you did great, buddy, I'm proud of you.)

Archivist

Mushroom Mushroom

I knew on Camaxtli that you were a silibant infiltrator, and I regret that we never got to meet.

Good work.

Gordan

Yashan knew something was odd, he believed she was a Nothing worshiper and in the last days even a Knave, but not a Sibilant, that NOW make a lot of sense actualy

I already expressed in my long conversation i had with you on Discord what wa my prime complain abaut your char was, but i hope you had fun not the less

SamB123

Well done. You managed to make a character who was both creepy and rarely suspected.

creme bulette

It's always sad when you don't get to hang out with a PC enough before their death, and I felt that greatly with Charlotte! Cool character from afar.

Stranger

Easily my favorite Yuan-Ti character to ever appear on EFU.

Random_White_Guy

Discord japes aside it was always fun interacting with her on various PCs, and I did truly enjoy that when Beauxregard was at his lowest and talking all the shady knave business and being all evil her response was that slow and unnerving unblinking stare.

Very fun times. Looking forward to the next!
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

LiAlH4

Kiaring

Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral