Duelist Perk Reimagined

Started by Stranger, January 23, 2021, 05:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranger

An aesthetic not easily realized on EFU is a fencer who uses only a one-handed weapon, and no shield. I believe that it is possible to script the Duelist perk (currently nerfed into oblivion) to provide a shield's bonus to AC as long as the off-hand remains empty, using the same architecture already created for "/c two-handed."  This would be disadvantageous in some ways, because shields are a great source of skills and saving throws, but also helpful in managing weight and incredibly stylish.

I've included a couple other ideas that I hoped would help give Duelists a more distinct "Princess Bride" swashbuckling  profile, without making it too powerful.

QuoteProposed Duelist:

Level 1: +3 Parry, +3 Taunt, +1 Shield AC while the off-hand remains empty.
Level 5: +2 Shield AC while the off-hand remains empty.
Level 8: Mobility, +3 Shield AC while the off-hand remains empty.

/c fighter_perk grants +4 Deflection AC to the main hand weapon for 1 turn.

[hide=Current Duelist]
Level 1: +3 Parry, +3 Taunt
Level 5: +1 AC vs. Piercing
Level 8: Dodge Feat

/c fighter_perk grants +1 attack and +1 AC while wearing cloth, light, or medium armor.[/hide]

Decimate_The_Weak

I suggest keeping the Level 8 bonus the same (Dodge), which will still allow for Duelist fighters to take Mobility at 9 (if they chose to) and to keep the fighter perk power the same (+1 ab, +1 ac for 1 turn if wearing cloth/light/medium armor).

Richørd

Seems very nice. While I still cry after my own suggested fighter perk which never got implemented (R.I.P. Tower) I think that the proposed changes here for an already existing perk are pretty spot-on. Though I think the level 1 bonuses are a little itsy bitsy bit too high and Decimate_The_Weak's addendum definitely makes sense. Mobility is such a good perk, let them pick it at level 9 instead. (Which will of course be a feisty decision to make for a pure fighter because they would have to decide between Resist Energy X or Mobility).

Damien

The combination with DTW is good, but make the shield only work in light armour.

I don't want to see any dumbass STR based fullplate dudes taking advantage of the perk so they have more lbs for potions.

Haer Dalis 83

Just as a side note, I'm currently playing a duelist and I'm pretty sure you get uncanny dodge at lvl 8, not dodge.