Positive Vibes Corner

Started by Wench, February 12, 2021, 12:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wench

Hey guys I just wanted to slap up an area we can use as a positive outlet. Like a compliment corner, see something cool IG either from a DM or a player whatever and let it be heard.

The world is absolutely crazy right now, emotions are high, we're all guilty of getting wrapped up in the negative feels, I have definitely been there lately.

We all have fun here so let's try and just be cool with eachother way more often, we got players and DMs feeling a little unloved at times so let's try our best as a community to lift eachother up.  :D

I'll kick things off,

Adding Skag and Eq to the DM team was a stellar choice, it's awesome to have two guys so passionate and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Recently I started playing with VP and dtw for I think the first time ever in a group and they have been amazing players to RP with, I was a short break before hand and they really got me back into the spirit of things.

Alright Efu you have the floor!
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Discreetmessenger

Nice idea, Wench.

I'd just like to say it's been a very welcoming experience exploring the server. I used to play briefly in one of the old versions, and a lot on another similar server.

There's a bit of a learning curve here, but everyone has been great so far at helping.

Thanks!

-UnholyWon-

Just wanted to say, thank you to everyone that is a part of the collaborative story telling experience. Almost 16 years of stellar storytelling!

I was reading some of my old posts from way, way back, and I feel very privileged to continue to enjoy and take part in this collaborative game. A plethora of great characters have come and gone, and no where do I remember any sort of duplication. Each character and NPC has been unique in it's creation. I find that incredible considering the longevity of the server. Keep it up ladies and gentlemen!

To the DMs and Players, you guys are beyond amazing!

Cheers!   
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

Jubek

I raise my glass to a collaborative storytelling project full of surprises, unexpected twists about a story sometimes told with finesse and nuances, and other times tough as nails. I also congratulate the new DMs aboard : I've already felt the novelty you bring in, I'm glad you're there.

Cheers guys. May this place enjoy for a long time the unique and cool flavour each and every one of you bring! Thank you.

Mymerian

Feels corny to write it, but I really appreciate that there are some people on here, players and DMs, that I really like, and I appreciate having for years now getting to play and talk with. Feels even more corny to mention them here, but hopefully they know who they are. I will say that you are among them, Wanch! So thank you.

EfU has its pros and cons, its ups and its downs, but at its best it can be an engine for truly great storytelling, and over the years it has stimulated some of my most powerful bursts of creativity. That is worth acknowledging and marvelling at. It keeps me chasing those highs, at the intersection of fascinating settings, vivid DMing and great collaborative players.

Karellen

Speaking as a newbie who's only played here for... two months, now, I think this thread could do great things. Before I joined, I read some forum posts to get an idea what I was in for, and let me say that it left me with mixed expectations, and honestly made me think twice whether it was a good idea to take the plunge.  The practical experience, though, was a lot more chill than what I'd expected - as a newbie, I've had a really positive experience, and people seemed really happy to explain things both in-game and in-character and outside. The DM team, aside of doing really great work, has never been anything but helpful and positive when I've interacted with them - I've felt bad for dying during DM events, not so much due to losing XP or anything, but because the DMs have always been apologetic about killing me.

Perhaps the subject matters selected for forum posts tend to accentuate the negative, you know?  Either way, I feel like the server is a lot friendlier and more fun than it presents itself as, which is weird.

Wench

Quote from: Karellen on February 13, 2021, 11:08:41 PM
Speaking as a newbie who's only played here for... two months, now, I think this thread could do great things. Before I joined, I read some forum posts to get an idea what I was in for, and let me say that it left me with mixed expectations, and honestly made me think twice whether it was a good idea to take the plunge.  The practical experience, though, was a lot more chill than what I'd expected - as a newbie, I've had a really positive experience, and people seemed really happy to explain things both in-game and in-character and outside. The DM team, aside of doing really great work, has never been anything but helpful and positive when I've interacted with them - I've felt bad for dying during DM events, not so much due to losing XP or anything, but because the DMs have always been apologetic about killing me.

Perhaps the subject matters selected for forum posts tend to accentuate the negative, you know?  Either way, I feel like the server is a lot friendlier and more fun than it presents itself as, which is weird.

I'm really glad you decided to give the server a chance and are having a good time! I think because a lot of us have known eachother for so long (5-10 years + even) that sometimes we can find it easier to speak more harshly and blunt to eachother. And especially with a lot of us being locked up from covid, emotions can and are running a little hot!

But putting that aside there is a way higher majority of DMs and players who are incredibly friendly and just want to have fun, make new friends, and enjoy the server.

If you have any questions going further do not hesitate to ask, the discord has a channel for new player advice that is very active and can help you with anything  ;D  8)
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Random_White_Guy

My favorite thing in EFU is when PC encounters feel like scripted random encounters from other videogames, which is one of the best facets of life with EFU and the Rings. Walking along the road and there's just... this dude there.

Two nights ago I was just wandering around and bumped into another PC who was also wandering around and it lead to some intense character driven RP, well away from the hub and all the action, and was just this hilariously completely random encounter in which our PCs otherwise wouldn't have likely met. Circumstances were there and the stars aligned and suddenly these two dudes on very different paths suddenly just chilling around a fire.

The kind of shit that happens IG that you couldn't even pretend to make up,  Sometimes just getting out and wandering by yourself with another PC leads to some truly fun moments away from the usual hustle and bustle the grind and etc.

It has such an authentic and organic vibe which no amount of "Trying to meet up" can ever really capture, and little moments like that add such a feeling of life to the server.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Axioein

My favorite thing about EfU is how deep and complex the world is.  I had a character type I enjoyed the most and stuck with it for years. When I branched out on my last couple of characters, I realized how much was out there that I (who has played off and on since EfU 1) didnt even realize was there.

Great stuff and great community!

HeWhoSeeks

Quote from: Random_White_Guy on February 14, 2021, 12:17:10 AM
My favorite thing in EFU is when PC encounters feel like scripted random encounters from other videogames, which is one of the best facets of life with EFU and the Rings. Walking along the road and there's just... this dude there.

Two nights ago I was just wandering around and bumped into another PC who was also wandering around and it lead to some intense character driven RP, well away from the hub and all the action, and was just this hilariously completely random encounter in which our PCs otherwise wouldn't have likely met. Circumstances were there and the stars aligned and suddenly these two dudes on very different paths suddenly just chilling around a fire.

The kind of shit that happens IG that you couldn't even pretend to make up,  Sometimes just getting out and wandering by yourself with another PC leads to some truly fun moments away from the usual hustle and bustle the grind and etc.

It has such an authentic and organic vibe which no amount of "Trying to meet up" can ever really capture, and little moments like that add such a feeling of life to the server.

+1 to this. Everyone has been bloody awesome this time around. EFU never fails to surprise and deliver. Props to RwG for slumming it and trying to make something work. Props to everyone who plays tasteful villains as well, seeing characters played so well and with depth is inspiring to someone who predominately plays fencesitter PCs. Keep it up all. :)

Cruzel

My favorite thing about EFU is that it's a server where everyone can shine, even the hilariously incompetent. Failure can  often lead to wonderful and meaningful interactions, with consequence and memorable events for all involved, far more so than success could have.

Be it being fed to a giant beholder to enhance someone else's story, or climbing into that beholder's mouth yourself just to say "hello"...

In this community, even the worst of us can make magic happen.

Knight Of Pentacles

haha mongrelorcs make xp go dinggggg

Disorder

I am having fun whenever I do some goblin quest. They're nicely done. Juggernaut / assassin goblins. Fun.
But the biggest amusement is when the goblin npc speaks mentioning race of pc that attacks it. Truly awesome and unique. Never seen anything similar on other servers. Is that a complicated scripting?

HeWhoSeeks

Just want to say thankyou to the DMs and players alike.

Just when I start to really feel the pinch and everything being stacked up against me, something happens that re-affirms that desire to push through it and continue raising hell. When EFU is good, it's outright fucking amazing. Props to every single on of you.